corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my corsa sri 16v through its stages// with pictures

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my corsa sri 16v through its stages// with pictures
chunk89

User status: Offline
20th Mar 08 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok lets start this thread got a feeling its going to be fair long so here we go.

ive bin into cars from a young age but when i turned 15 and after finishing my work experince at VW working with gti golfs and lupo's (when they first came out) i got into the 'boy racer' scene shall we call it so for my first car it had to be a corsa B because no offence to the C's but not my thing really. any way i was really picky about my corsa it couldnt have the following:

anything under a 1.2 16v (so 1L were out the question)
could no have grey interior
nothing which said merit
had to have a full face steering wheel
had to have a spolier as standard
must have under 70,000
must have 6months tax
12 months mot
and finally good body work condition

so as you can see i was not asking for alot but after looking at hunderds of cars from massive 'wide arch' body kits to bog standard with trims i finally came across a perfect car on my way home from me nans after 6months of looking

so i took the opportunity and took it straight off his hands an M reg sri 1.4 16v with 6months tax and 12months mot.

[img][/img]

the day i got it home. quite tidy i thought for £1100 with fsh

the first thing i did been young and excited went straight off to halfords buying my self a new sliver tax disc holder and poppy coral carbon air freshiner which i thought was the dogs bollocks and of course what every chav racer has to have my JBL stickers.

after i passed my test my car pretty much stayed standard. untill i started talking to jenko_sport alot with him living local. i brough his lexus rear lights off him and his smoothed WHITE petrol cap

o dear what was i thinking

then i pretty much left it like that for a while again because i was not interested in exhaust because i had my big hole in the bottom of my air box for the cheap version of the induction roar.

then a few months down the line i purcahsed a 35mm lowering kit with shockers. so took them straight round my mates and fitted them took hours because odd bits where missing so we had to make subbistute ones. so now having a car with alloys, white petrol cap, jbl stickers, and lowering springs i was ready to hit the road and indeed i did. actually i hit the road then came straight off it up the curb 2minutes and 45 seconds after lowering my car the result

[img][/img]

so after this and paying over £200 to get it fixed i calmed down abit. and drove round with 3 alloys and a steelie for abit

then i got some money around and brought my self some astra alloys and put 4 toyo tyres on them coming to a total of over 300 quid. this is when my corsa started to take shape

[img][/img]

it looked nice with my alloys i personally thought.

about 1month down the line i got bored of my 'fake' induction roar and shite fuel consumption so put a standard air box back in and purcashed my self a sportex back box and got it fitted so now it looked like

[img][/img]

then again stayed like this for a few months. THEN i crash it again but this time i was run off the road and had to swerve hitting another kurb on the same side ad knackering it again. (no pictures this time as i was too pissed off )

then when i was standing around looking at my car i realised OH MY GOD MY CAR IS CHAVVY AND UGLY. so while i was waiting get it towed (bear in mind this is about 3am) i was thinking of new modifications and the bollocking id get off my parents when they find out.

this time instead of paying a garage 200 quid at least again to fix it i had a mate of mine who owns a paint shop sort it all out for me and he replaced everything for me that was damaged plus all the welding to make it road safe again. in total it came to £150 plus i got a new set of tigra alloys seen as mine where crumpled in the bump with my biggest emeny THE CURB

so when i finally got it back i started thinking out my new plans and how much it was going to cost. so i got working very hard as you can see

[img][/img]

ok so this is how my car stood now

[img][/img]

my new alloys.

then i got my 50mm lowering springs

looks much better id say look how low shes sitting

[Edited on 20-03-2008 by chunk89]

[Edited on 21-03-2008 by chunk89]
ACSmith

20th Mar 08 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in the same situation but i wrote my car off 7hours after passing and was not lookin 4wad 2 telling the parents. that was a vtr and rolled alot and sat in a ditch :S but im a vauxhall man now so its all gd like the car m8
chunk89

20th Mar 08 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then i got rid of my chavy lights. and replace them with standard ones which i tinted my self wit tint spray from halfs looks alot better

[img][/img]

so for a total i had spent ALOT of money fixing and modifyin my car again. but it was about to get worse as my big bore was a deep sound i wanted somthing abit graspyer so i rang up powerflow in leek and took my car up there. had a 6x4 oval cat back system and it was the perfect sound that i wanted

[img][/img]

and thats how my car sits now

I got bored at college one day so i got my bitch wash t-cut and polish my car for me

[img][/img]

and then i thought of another great idea because neons look gay underneath cars i decied put mine in my foot well and wire them up to my cig lighter
[img][/img]

i think this personally looks cool

and i cleaned up my inlet manifold at college because it had yellow kind of crap all over it
[img][/img]

then i just took some pictures of my car. and thats the end of it so far enjoy the pics any comments good and bad welcome

[img][/img]
my car playing hide and seek

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
me looking cool

[img][/img]
Gary16v

20th Mar 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good man
chunk89

20th Mar 08 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

new plans for it. full gsi kit with fogs any body know one going really cheap in red? and alloys painted white. and i also have a gsi engine which i cant wait get in. then im sorted
Gary16v

21st Mar 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going my route good man but i got a corsa van so a gsi van lol
benalin

21st Mar 08 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks great man
ali_corsa

21st Mar 08 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks really nice, plans sound cool as well, someone on classified is possible breaking a gsi in flame red
chunk89

21st Mar 08 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but cant afford the 250 asking price or whatever it is
chunk89

25th Mar 08 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

one of my interior floor neons has popped so got buy another now £12.99 halfords crap

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » my corsa sri 16v through its stages// with pictures 24 database queries in 0.0136349 seconds