corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sunroof leak corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sunroof leak corsa b
F4ntasia

User status: Offline
   21st Mar 08 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sunroof on my corsa b has been leaking for years by the looks of things (Ive had the car a month) I've tried my best to seal it, and have taken the roof lining off etc to get a better look. Just noticed the two drains. Is there supposed to be pipes running from these down to the A piller? If so, where does the water drain out, and how far down do the pipes have to run? Also, took the interior to bits, seats, carpet etc and the thing is absolutely soaking. The two sponge "mats" at the front are drenched. What is the best possible way to dry these out without removing as its really tight and dont want to disturb anything else or I may as well have built the damn car myself. Any help on either of these would be a great help as theres sod all in the haynes manual to help me here.... Cheers, Rob.
mattievRS

21st Mar 08 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the drains you talk of should be pipes that run to the rear of the car and thru a rubber grommet and out of the car under the rear arches.
Sounds like they could be blocked or completely missing mate
Simon_16v

21st Mar 08 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you remove the covers for the lights in the boot you will see the drainage pipes.
Rybo

21st Mar 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check they aint filled the spare wheel well and rusted it like mine did...they need to go through the grommets
sand-eel

21st Mar 08 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the easiest way the dry it would just keep the engine and fan running for hours
Rybo

21st Mar 08 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try mop it up if theres a puddle...a hair dryer etc/heat gun
theres no point drying it out if you havent resolved your leak tho pal
F4ntasia

23rd Mar 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been told on migweb theres 4 drains, one to each corner of the car. There are no drain holes on the rear, just two on the front (It is the corsa that was converted into a pickup so no boot as such etc lol)
I've got two pipes on the front, but where do they have to run to? I've got them just sitting on the A frame but where will the water run to? I have solved the sunroof leak finally, but I may as well put the drains in while everything is out.
As for the sponge mats in the front, i have just had the heaters on full whilst driving, I have squoze as much as possible from them and removed the gromits underneath for the water to drain, next step is hairdryer.

So only thing I need to know now is where to the front pipes have to go? Cheers in advance.

New Poll