corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » Seat Rails

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Seat Rails
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 08 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now that I've got my new seats and finally decided how I'm gonna get em fitted, does anyone know anywhere that'd make and weld in some seat rails and also sort me a harness mount on the transmission tunnel side?

This is what I mean by seat rails

Seats have already been sat in my bedroom for a week or so, and even tho they are quite nice to sit in whilst playing on my Xbox, they are meant for my car so I'd like to get em fitted asap

[Edited on 23-03-2008 by Mike B]
Kathryn W

23rd Mar 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just buy some that are made for your car/chairs?
bieransri

23rd Mar 08 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theyre side mounted, so a normal rail wont work.

the welded in rails are very permanent and you would need to cut the original mounts out.

tbh your best off doing something with the standard rails and adapting them abit.
Mike
Premium Member

23rd Mar 08 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
Why not just buy some that are made for your car/chairs?

As Bieransri said, the seats are side mounted, they're designed to be fitted like this as opposed to subframes

I was planning to get some sidemounts made up that would fit to the standard subframes, so I could still have them adjustable for when I have to park in tight spaces but since fitting my driver's harness, the adjustability of the standard subframe has been very restricted, they use eyebolts which now catch on the transmission tunnel so there's very little adjustment, so I've decided to go straight for getting em welded in. I know it's permanent but I'm planning to keep the car for a good few years yet and I can't see it ever getting sold as a whole car so I'm not really worried about it being permanent
bieransri

23rd Mar 08 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, but like i said in the u2u, i could box mine up and send them to you for postage costs, see if you can/want to do something with them
Mike
Premium Member

24th Mar 08 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just doing a bit of homework and I've found G N T Engineering in Widnes Website

Anyone had any experience with these? Seems like the sort of thing I'm looking for

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » Seat Rails 24 database queries in 0.0124471 seconds