corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hello & Info Wanted On A Conversion

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hello & Info Wanted On A Conversion
coldanconversions

User status: Offline
27th Mar 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello as I'm likely to be asking quite a few questions over the coming months!

I'm in the process of buying a Corsa Sport 1.4 on a 96 N plate with the intention of sprucing it up. I'll sell my current motor (02 Fiesta Zetec S - 44k, Imperial Blue... if anyone's interested ) and collect all the bits I'm gonna need for the conversion before the Corsa comes off the road for a couple of weeks.

I'm looking to convert to Corsa to X30XE power with an F28 G'box and 5 stud conversion. I know people will prob suggest LET power instead, but for me you just can't beat the sound of a 6 pot on song!

Anyhoo... I've a few questions to start with and wonder if anybody could help me out;

- I understand there's bulkhead mods that are needed, what are they?
- Does the chassis need bracing/stiffening in any way?
- What driveshafts will I need (looking to use 5 stud Cav/Vectra V6 hubs)?
- Is the F28 G'box mount Chris Astley sell suitable for the V6?
- Heard the rear exhaust manifold needs altering, anyone know how? Guess it fouls the steering rack.
- What suspension to use?

Cheers,

Col
coldanconversions

29th Mar 08 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody can help with this?!
craig_s

29th Mar 08 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beardy has a v6 corsa hes the best person to ask or do a search see what comes up.

[Edited on 29-03-2008 by craig_s]

New Poll