corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wierd Electrical Fault

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wierd Electrical Fault
cmayfield

User status: Offline
   8th Apr 08 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just bought an old M Reg 1.5TD Corsa for my missus to learn to drive in and it has a strange electrical fault. When I open the glove box, the stereo goes off (no power to it) and the battery warning light comes on. There is no drop in performance or electrical output elsewhere though so i'm not sure what is the problem. Also when i put the heated rear window on, the battery light also comes on, but the stereo remains ok.
Does anyone have any ideas??
AdamF
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Apr 08 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a multimeter and put across the battery with the engine running and see what the voltage is (should be around 14volts)

then put the heater etc on and see what the voltage is. it could be a weak altenator.

another possibility is a bad earth somewhere

[Edited on 08-04-2008 by AdamF]

New Poll