corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Rough Idle and Judders as Driving......

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rough Idle and Judders as Driving......
averagejo

User status: Offline
19th Apr 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there,

was helped out before on here and the advice was spot on so thought id seek some more advice now its playing up again

its a 1999 corsa and after a week of working perfectly since vaux replaced both the AFM and lambada sensor to rid me of the engine management light fault that kept flashing up the idle is now lumpy as f*ck and judders when i pull away and vaux arent being so hot on the customer service considering all the work they just did.

any ideas?

dan
Richardhhha

19th Apr 08 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it back to vaux and punch the manager in the head? ok maybe not. sounds like the cats buggered ... does the car rev at all? i.e. if accelerate jently?
averagejo

19th Apr 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as per some other posts i saw i thought it may be the ICV so just been out to try and clean it but it appears to be one sealed unit on the 1.2 16v is that right?

it seems to run ok i.e. not juddering above 2k rpm, in fact the whole thing seems better at higher rpm and speeds.

how can it be the cat? thought it was just a mesh in the exhaust?

[Edited on 19-04-2008 by averagejo]
luke85

19th Apr 08 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cat can get blocked which restricts the gas flow but since you say its fine at higher RPM I doubt thats the cause.

When you say it judders, is it a misfire?
averagejo

20th Apr 08 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a misfire its like someone has just stuck a ball or small animal in my air intake and its struggling to run verging on stalling (quite desciptive if i do say so myself ) and its like that all the way up to 2k rpm and then seems to be ok
F4ntasia

20th Apr 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines the same, and almost sure its the EGR valve
deex

20th Apr 08 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly fuel pump relay?
averagejo

20th Apr 08 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apparently the egr on a corsa looks like this.....

going to go out there now and take a look

New Poll