corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Adobe Indesign

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Adobe Indesign
Simon

User status: Offline
30th Apr 08 at 01:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody use this software?

I've been putting together my portfolio using it, have been doing it setup on landscape A2 pages. When I come to print it it is cheaper at uni to print of two pages on one A1 sheet and trim it myself than print each onto a separate A2 sheet.

I've had a play with the print settings but cant figure out how I go about setting it to print like that, basically so two A2 pages in landscape print one under the other on one A1 sheet, sure it can be done as it has all the booklet options, just cant figure out which settings i need to play with.

Anyone shed any light?
Balling
Premium Member

30th Apr 08 at 06:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The print options from InDesign are very limited. However, in the print dialogue you find an option to print 'spreads' and 'facing pages'. Turning these two on should give you your desired result. Howevere, this is not the best way of doing it.

What you need to do is export as a PDF, then print from Adobe Acrobat. Here you'll find the option to place more spreads on a single paper. It's very straight forward.

Simon

30th Apr 08 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shall try this thanks
AdZ9

30th Apr 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use it everyday all day!

Do what Balling said, export it as a print ready PDF or save as a postscript and use Adobe Distiller to make a print ready PDF. You'll get better print quality and it'll be easier to get the desired results.
Simon

30th Apr 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have Adobe distiller but never used it, how do I go about saving as a postscript cant see that option, and what does Distiller do?

New Poll