corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Nova mkII head units

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nova mkII head units
Rich7585

User status: Offline
4th May 08 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evening all,

bit of a rookie one really! im hoping someone can come up with some good advise cas this problem is not helping my hangover!!!

Right, my old man has a mkII nova and the OEM head unit is propper fooked! we've been trying to remove it using the standard keys that you have to use to release vaux units but the damn thing just wont release from the dash, other than using a crowbar that we have so far been using!! is there any easy way to get them out?

any intelligent advice welcomed!!
Ellis

4th May 08 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just be patient and keep trying with the keys, not the most accurately manufactured things those keys, sometimes it just takes a funny angle to get it eventually...
Rich7585

4th May 08 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks, I've had previous experiences with awkward head units but this one is proving to be incredibly resiliant, i was just hoping some else has suffered the same experience and would be able to recomend a course of action. at the moment we dont seem to have a practical sollution other than stripping the whole dash out which i dont really want to do, because im lazy!!!
sand-eel

5th May 08 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeeeeeeeeees, this exact thing happened on my old mk2 nova what i used was a coat hanger bent straight and pushed the clip things in and eventually got it out
Limecat
Banned

5th May 08 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same with an OE Corsa headunit. Never had a problem getting them out before but it didn't want to play ball. It was already fucked so I chiselled it out so as not to mark the dash surround!

New Poll