corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » ManUre Debt - Cosmo, Marc, Ryan, blah, blah

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ManUre Debt - Cosmo, Marc, Ryan, blah, blah
Cosmo

User status: Offline
7th May 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Serious question:

Would Cosmo and/or Robbo swap postitions with Man Utd? i.e have their debts but their success?

No!

I consider the position we are in, where we have repayments of about £20-25m a year, but can cover this with profits of £30m+ to be a very bad position. Let alone having to keep rolling over interest repayments of £81m each year.

Its a costly thing to chase the league title, its an even more expensive thing to stay at the top.
Nath

7th May 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats more important then? Success or financial stability?

[Edited on 07-05-2008 by Nath]
Cosmo

7th May 08 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
Its not as if me looking at the situation and making a reply on a car forum is going to change anything though is it

Man U have alot of debt, I agree

In that case I expect no rpelies about anything to do with United from you then - as it wont change anything!

As a fan though, do you see this as something that is fine aslong as you enjoy the club winning things, or does it actually worry you?
Cosmo

7th May 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath

To me, the stability of the club. I'd support Liverpool even if they were as bad as Luton, so would rather they exist and win nothing rather than have some success and have a cloud of uncertainty over us.
Robbo

7th May 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to say, if the results are as quoted then I would be concerned...

Talk of 14+% interest rates, loans to buy players not paid/large liabilities re past transfers, interest payments not being made etc do not point to a well run, financially viable/well managed outfit :S
RyanSxi

7th May 08 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by RyanSxi
Its not as if me looking at the situation and making a reply on a car forum is going to change anything though is it

Man U have alot of debt, I agree

In that case I expect no rpelies about anything to do with United from you then - as it wont change anything!

As a fan though, do you see this as something that is fine aslong as you enjoy the club winning things, or does it actually worry you?

My replies are opinions tho. And my opinion is that man utd have debt
Cosmo

7th May 08 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No opinions of it its a worry, if you're bothered about it, if you can handle it aslong as you win and can ignore it?

Or can you not read the figures with your head in that hole?
RyanSxi

7th May 08 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
No opinions of it its a worry, if you're bothered about it, if you can handle it aslong as you win and can ignore it?

Or can you not read the figures with your head in that hole?

Ive not actually read the figures if im being honest.

United have alot of debt, its not good. Slightly worrying but cenrtainly won't loose sleep over it.

Cosmo

7th May 08 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id read them if I were you, you might actually lose sleep then
Robbo

7th May 08 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wheres Sooters gotten to

Cosmo

7th May 08 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If only he wasnt banned - this could of been my finest hour
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

7th May 08 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Figures are worrying, and if they keep spending and building the debt up it will be worrying!

But not something to loose sleep over IMO, the debt is there everyone knows it, sure the glaziers have an idea of what they are doing!

Stick to running the business and leave the football to Fergie and the team and I'l be happy!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Nath

7th May 08 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

To me, the stability of the club. I'd support Liverpool even if they were as bad as Luton, so would rather they exist and win nothing rather than have some success and have a cloud of uncertainty over us.

Like the biggest club in the World would ever go bust though. There would be countless people waiting in the shadows to take the reigns if the Glazers wanted out. They'd never go bust.

And LOL at 'some success'. I bet you went back and added 'some' after re-reading it
Cosmo

7th May 08 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Like the biggest club in the World would ever go bust though. There would be countless people waiting in the shadows to take the reigns if the Glazers wanted out. They'd never go bust.

And LOL at 'some success'. I bet you went back and added 'some' after re-reading it

No, I know they'll never go bust, not a chance in hell. But at the same time they arent worth even close to what their debt figures would show either - which is what would be the asking price for the club if it came down to it - and that would probably mean any new buyer having to sell off assets to cover these costs, or paying well over the odds for a club which does only have a limited revenue stream at the end of the day, and probably isnt far off it.
Marc

7th May 08 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Not even paying the interest back @ marc always making light of the 'debt' situation

@ Liverpool always finishing 4th

United won't go bust, even Cosmotron has admitted this. As my interest in United is the football I don't really care about their financial situation.

The club makes profit, from a business point of view. If they weren't winning and had these repayments it would be another matter.
strick206

7th May 08 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't think private company's had to publish there accounts

That amount of debt is substantial, but nothing to worry about us going bust with, as that will never happen.

The glazer's have financed the club by debt, which is but like Abramovich, they weren't going to shell out about £700m to buy the club outright, it is easy to buy a small club like chelsea and clear a little debt

The finances won't really bother me tbh, i'm sure the Glazer's know what their doing, and if there long term plan is 2016 that is possibly quite realistic, unlike the break even by 2010 chelsea rubbish

Nath

7th May 08 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they know what they're doing. There is no such thing as a moronic Billionaire.
Danny P

7th May 08 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Of course they know what they're doing. There is no such thing as a moronic Billionaire.

Ken Bates
Nath

7th May 08 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He can't be a Billionaire, surely not?!
Mad Moe

7th May 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mike Ashley?
Nath

7th May 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's a Geordie.
Danny P

7th May 08 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He can't be a Billionaire, surely not?!

Probably not, but you know what i'm getting at.
Cosmo

8th May 08 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
The club makes profit, from a business point of view. If they weren't winning and had these repayments it would be another matter.

It doesnt make a profit from any business point of view Infact it makes £58m losses
Cosmo

8th May 08 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
That amount of debt is substantial, but nothing to worry about us going bust with, as that will never happen.

The glazer's have financed the club by debt, which is but like Abramovich, they weren't going to shell out about £700m to buy the club outright, it is easy to buy a small club like chelsea and clear a little debt

The finances won't really bother me tbh, i'm sure the Glazer's know what their doing, and if there long term plan is 2016 that is possibly quite realistic, unlike the break even by 2010 chelsea rubbish

I wouldnt say it would NEVER happen, but the chances of it happening are slim. As said the worse case that could actually happen is the hedgefunds/banks forcing them to sell up, and due to the rolled over debt figures the club being WAYYYYYYY over priced - even for the huge amount of revenue it does bring in. So that would mean any buyer coming in and then selling off assets to bring the cost back down to a realistic level.

And its nothing like Abromavich tbh. The club are losing more money than you but if he wanted Roman could throw £100m into the club and it'll be back into a fantastic position again. The Galzers dont have this option - and would also need to throw a lot more than £100m into the club to make it sound again.

And lastly...2016 isnt realistic. Thats 8yrs away, or just under £100m a year to pay off. Thats WITHOUT rolling debt on each year, so means covering atleast £81m this year (will be more now the debt has gone up) aswell as finding the funds for transfers, etc. etc. Its not going to happen.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » ManUre Debt - Cosmo, Marc, Ryan, blah, blah 25 database queries in 0.0173841 seconds