corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Tidy Nova 1.4 *Lots of Pics*

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tidy Nova 1.4 *Lots of Pics*
Wrighty

User status: Offline
12th May 08 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, insurance renewals up soon so id see if anyone wanted if before insurnace needs renewing, if not il keep it another month.

Vauxhall Nova 1.4 8v flair, purchased last september as a runabout! 3 former keepers, ones before last were an elderly couple, who sold the car to the previous owner with 21.000 miles on the clock in 2002. Since then (5 years) its done up to 58k,
which were motorway miles from leeds to howden everyday. The previous owner, well was a numpty and knew nothing about cars, he informed me the car was regularly serviced but had no proof of this ie - receipts!
Upon viewing the car, it had been broken into for its jvc cd player, had just had a new ignition barrel and front drivers window. It had also recently had a new exhaust. He had managed to loose the MOT certificate which was nice. Iv changed the clocks to rev counter ones
the previous ones read 59.707 - the new ones read 16.930 or something along the lines of when they went in, theyre now on 17k something. So mileage is approx 62k...probs just a tad lower. Since owning its had 2 new wheel bearings, new wipers all round,
new interior, new rims, suspenion, full service, 12months mot as of 4 weeks ago and 6months tax as of may and a fulls service.

How i bought it

Bodywork
Flame red in colour, astra mk4 repeaters, custom rear lights.
Rust on a nova is always an issue, my shells very solid, il be honest its the tidiest nova iv seen in person, boot floor is very good nic no rot, chassis legs are the front are fine,
The arches are very good, however, the only bit of rust iv seen on the car is beginning to bubble through at the bottom of each rear arch, its been touched up so very unoticable and stilll very strong - im been honest
and there is some there. There is some touching up on the front left wing, the colour match is poor and noticable, taking a look at it today it looks like something at some points come into contact with
the indicator, as theres a tiny bit of plastic missing also - but i only noticed that today! The car was pink when i got it, iv lost count of hours iv put into polishing this mofo but i can say its a lot!
There was also a scratch on the passenger rear arch, about 8 inch long, this has been touched up and again is hardly noticable. The car also has 15 years worth of the usual stone chips and dings in the body work
...what can i say, its 15 years old, there is nothing a smart repair / dent guy couldnt do to make this MINT!

Engine
1.4 8v c14nz single point injection, just serviced (all filters + spark plugs) and cambelt change also. Has never once let me down and will probably keep going for a lot more then the 62k its already done.
Having new rocker cover gasket this week as its seeping.

sus
-60mm gmax springs all round, gmax shocks up front, standards at rear. you cant have passengers in the back without it rubbing, full stop.

Rims
16' irmscher softstars - !MINT! no kerbing with very good tyres all round

Interior
I wouldnt say mint but, a v v v good condition GSI interior seats and dash switchs (black isntead of red) no rips or tears, no fag burns, hardly any wear on driver bolster. these alone sell for over £200, iv no doubt one of this cond would go for more! just needs
a black dash to finish that gsi look inside. door cards had speaker holes in, iv left the red door cards in, but il chuck the gsi ones in upon sale, and also 2 spare parcel shelves (ones gsi but i wasnt butchering it for some speakers)
theres a small crack in the dash were it was damaged getting the stereo out. Has a pioneer cd / mp3 player and 6x9 speakers il chuck in if ya like. il also chuck in some corsa wiper stalks iv not fitted.

Anything iv missed il add in..il still be using this car until it sells, it will be available at the end of the month, im based in east yorkshire.

Pics

Inside

Archs

Struts + bonnet

Boot

Bad bits

£1000+ best offer over a grand

[Edited on 12-05-2008 by Wrighty]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Tidy Nova 1.4 *Lots of Pics* 25 database queries in 0.0093100 seconds