corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Air Flow Meters...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air Flow Meters...
Mike GSi

User status: Offline
13th May 08 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where can i get one from cheap? my car has started running like shite, so ive had it plugged in and the fault code is: Boost pressure sensor short to battery.
But the Z20LET doesnty have a boost pressure sensor, the only sensors on inlet is the AFM/MAS sensor and an Air Temp sensor. i read on AON that this fault code comes up when the AFM/MAS sensor fails.

has anybosy heard of this before and if anyone can point me in the right direction to purchase one id be very greatful thanks.
Mobby

13th May 08 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got one for a fiver on ebay, probally lucky,
Iian

13th May 08 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a problem with my engine management light coming on and kept losing power when I hit about 50mph or 3000rpm. Took it to a bloke I know and he put it on his diagnostics, needed a new lambda sensor and mass air flow meter. Not sure what the error codes were to compare with yours, but all I know is my mass air flow meter cost me 80 smackers, but I know its a genuine part, good old Siemens.

Dont know if i got ripped off myself or what but couldnt really complain as Id of been stuck if I hadnt paid the price, and atleast I know everything is sorted.
Mike GSi

13th May 08 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok mate thanks, mine is made by bosch so it might be cheaper hopefuly
Iian

13th May 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My previous one was Bosch lol, those and Siemens are the ones to go for, as told by the bloke I know.. I just left it upto him, as to which one he got me. I know he knows his stuff so I trusted him.. a little !
Mobby

13th May 08 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a bosch, it stopped the engine light coming on but theres still a very very slight murmor at 4000 sometimes , and when i pull of it stutters quite bad
chloe16v

13th May 08 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they are £200+ from vauxhall, i got one for my 1.0 for £45 from scrappy
corsa120

13th May 08 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dude got my one for my mk4 gsi z20let form courtney sport 95 quid m8
Mike GSi

13th May 08 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fella, how was your car runing when it needed replacing?
corsa120

14th May 08 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

errmmm it was missing a beat now and again and sometimes felt sluggish and the emissions light was on.

z20lets are well common for afm going on them. on astrasport i was told by people emission light dont come on when its afm but ive fitted new on and 1k miles later it fixed so gotta have been that lol
Warren G

14th May 08 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do have a boost sensor

map sensor/boost sensor same thing
Mike GSi

14th May 08 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

basicaly the system goes... Airbox> AFM> Crossover pipe> Turbo> intercooler> "Sensor" on top of intercooler> Boost pipe> Throttle body> Inlet.

perhaps the "sensor" on the top of the intercooler is the MAP sensor it has a probe on it about an inch long.
22B

14th May 08 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Z20LET
basicaly the system goes... Airbox> AFM> Crossover pipe> Turbo> intercooler> "Sensor" on top of intercooler> Boost pipe> Throttle body> Inlet.

perhaps the "sensor" on the top of the intercooler is the MAP sensor it has a probe on it about an inch long.

yep sensor on the intercooler is the map sensor on a Z20let, have you checked intercooler piping for any splits or leaks?

[Edited on 14-05-2008 by 22B]
Rob R

15th May 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You also have a boost control solenoid on your turbo, they go and can flag the EML.

AFM's are about £100 from vaux but you do get 12 month warranty so if it breaks, take it back and get a new one
Mike GSi

15th May 08 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads,

22B i have checked for leaks etc, and like i said the fault code says Boost pressure sensor short to earth. so i think it means that its fucked tbh. Thanks for the help Got one ordered for tomorrow.

New Poll