corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Capital?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Capital?
Pinaar

User status: Offline
14th May 08 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just bought a Corsa 1.2 SXi (53 reg). I am told that for insurance purposes it is a Corsa Capital as it has a few fittings that are not standard E.G. Air-con,irmscher pedals,carbon fibre (look-a-like door pillars),and an irmscher twin tailpipe backbox (non power related). Has any one ever heard of a Corsa Capital? as they don't come up on comparison sites, and if any one has heard of them do you know exactly what the mods were on them. Or do the Mods need to be declared over the phone. As it is throwing the insurance quotes through the roof declaring an exhaust Mod on the comparison sites.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

14th May 08 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything is a factory fitted extra, so if it came from the factory like that, I'd declare it as standard.

Probably best ringing an insurance company though, and explaining the situation to them, and then see what they say.
Pinaar

14th May 08 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you have heard of the Corsa Capital, it wasn't just salesman talk. And all those fittings sound normal to you for a Capital.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th May 08 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a Corsa Capital mate

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Pinaar

14th May 08 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any one got an idea of how you get the insurance company to recognise that a Capital exsists?
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

14th May 08 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't got a clue about the Corsa Capital, but the pedals, carbon trim and exhaust are all Irmscher parts, which I assume were Vauxhall supplied and fitted at factory or dealership.
Toby
Premium Member

14th May 08 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring them its the only way mate
tom_simes
Show Staff
Premium Member

14th May 08 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look here:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=167222
Pinaar

14th May 08 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks everyone, very helpful. I'll ring the insurance company and see what happens.

New Poll