corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » information from turbo corsa owners

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author information from turbo corsa owners
sri_davie

User status: Offline
17th May 08 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there was looking for info on a few things for fitting a turbo engine in a corsa b, 1st was what radiator would i use? standard vauxhall or get one made? im planning on using a frontera front mount intercooler is this the best option? also gearbox's ive got both f20 and f28 which is best

dunno if the size of turbo might cause clearance problems as its a t34 but im unsure to what manifold to use but thats something ill worry about while im rebuilding the engine

ive never done a turbo conversion its always just be xe's ive fitted so im a bit unsure and any help would be great

thanks davie
bieransri

17th May 08 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not an owner but think most use a corsa aircon rad(one that came with aircon ,sport)

best to use an f28 as with the f20 it'll always be on boost at say 70 in 5th.

frontera coolers good for the job
sri_davie

17th May 08 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

trying to get everything sorted so it all goes in at once but i got a bargain buy with lots of bits so ytrying to save some pennies by using all the bits i got

davie
Akeemking

17th May 08 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- F28
- Frontera cooler works ok
- rad i did mine custom, so i dunno
- turbo clearence is narrow still with stock turbo, i'll find out when i go GT3x on it

Ho, and PLEASE buy some good AFR meter.
Jambo

18th May 08 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

frontera intercooler works ok, but there are much better ones out there and they are suprisingly expensive! Forge motorsport do good intercoolers as well as pace

F20 will be ok for a standard tune LET, F28 if you want it with big bhp.
Cant remember which rad i had in mine sorry.

Sach

18th May 08 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 16v none air con rad what i used on mine.
phil_sutton

18th May 08 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used the standard 1.2 8v rad on mine with no problems. You will need to move the rad forward or fit the fan onto the front of the rad in order to give you some more clearance.
k e l

18th May 08 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

astra mk3 1.8 rad is best one to use
sri_davie

18th May 08 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys

jambo im just using the intercooler for now as it came with the engine, im going to get it all built up and check clearances and then ill move shit about, i know the air con rad is longer and thinner which might be good with 2 small fans fitted

other question is how do you route your intercooler piping? through the engine bay? or out through the inner arches and round the outside under the friont bumper?

davie
mikesc20let

21st May 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive usd a standard 1.2 8v rad to gain clearence on the turbo unit and the intercooler pipeing fits between the sides of the rad and chassis rails depends on how u want it to look

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » information from turbo corsa owners 23 database queries in 0.0063581 seconds