corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Yet another rattling thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yet another rattling thread
benh3

User status: Offline
19th May 08 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know there's loads of topics like this, but when i pull away from traffic lights etc, i get this rattling/grinding noise, like its coming from the exhaust. I've had this the last 3 months or so. Since the noise happened i've had my manifold replaced and part of the exhaust, but still got the noise.
I get the rattle whenever i change gears and then put my foot back onto the accelerator.
My cars a 1.0 12v corsa.
Ive been told its possibly the steering rack and motor?, air con (this doesn't work and probably is empty), and my exhaust about to go.
Can anyone help me please, if you need anymore details message back.
S@M

19th May 08 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check heat shield over manifold (visible when u lift the bonnet). Thats a common rattle...

sound like maybe it just the exhaust rattling in the tunnel, does it get worse round corners?

benh3

19th May 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea only when i've gone round a corner and i'm accelerating again on the new road. I've got AA cover and i'm paying for it, so i might as well use one of my free call outs, as i'm pretty sure someone like that would know exactly what it is.
S@M

19th May 08 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just pop it into a garage and ask them to re-rout exhaust. they will be able to see where is knocking when it on the ramps.

They wont want much
N3CRO

19th May 08 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although its probs not the answer, but a common problem with the 12v's is the spark plug cover rattling. Most ppl have taken theres off due to the noise.
Pete_vxl

19th May 08 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my heat shield is rattling at the moment and its corroded so im buying a 4-2-1, extreme but who cares
Huffski

20th May 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a cat back and the silencer has fallen off its weld and thats what making mine rattle

New Poll