corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Indicator problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Indicator problems
stu056

User status: Offline
31st May 08 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 2001 corsa 1.2, every now and then all four indicators light up, they don't blink they just light up. It can be very intermittant, sometimes it happens quite often, every ten seconds or so for about five seconds, then other times it hardly happens at all??? I thought it may be a bad earth on one of light units but have had a look and can't really find anything, plus its intermittant, would a bad earth make the fault constant?? it happens when the car is stood still, not just when moving so don't think its from going over bumps, i.e. a loose connection bouncing about, I haven't noticed if it does it with just ignition on, seems to do it just when car is running.

Any help would be really appreciated as it is really baffling me.
Thanks
Stu
Superlite Ltd.

31st May 08 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flasher relay (yellow one)
indicator switch
hazard warning light switch

...one of them is bust imo
James_H

31st May 08 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if itsa a corsa c its usally the flasher relay, its int the fuse box on the right of the scuttle, its got little bolts holding a cover down and its tricky to un-do.

oh and its the yellow relay!
stu056

4th Jun 08 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for advice, had already tried slaving in a new flasher relay and that didn't solve it. Think I may have sorted it, though as its intermittent I can't be sure, the car is my parents old one and they've had it from 4000 miles old. I realised it still had an old alarm system fitted which has never been used even when my parents had the car, looked like quite a bad DIY job but it was still connected to the battery, all the other connections were quite badly corroded so I think that this is probably the likely cause, at least I hope so, have ripped the alarm out now, really was a gash install

New Poll