corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » storing a car for 6/12 month period

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author storing a car for 6/12 month period
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
   4th Jun 08 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey right im being a wierdo i know but...

i want to get a more powerfull car, like my little french hot hatches so at the moment its between a 106 gti or a s2 rallye

atm i have a corsa 1.4 sport with a very tidy shell...and i needs to be gone...but i am tempted to just keep it locked away in garage at my rents house, MY QUESTION IS...

What have i got to worry about with storing the corsa in the garage for say 6 months or 12 months...seizing up, etc, etc???

i will some day XE it but want a 106 to play with for abit, just cant get rid of the corsa for some reason
Fonz
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well wot is wrong turning up every 3/4 weeks turning the engine over and driving it in and out the garage thus, the engine is used, the brakes are used and not allowed to seize plus means that the wheels are rotated so the tyres arent sat in the same position - when it is parked i wouldnt put the handbrake on, chocked with bricks suggested!

[Edited on 04-06-2008 by Fonz]
cash_2_my_corsa

4th Jun 08 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well mine was parked up outside for 4years and i just got it back on the road so keepin it in garage should be fine
corsa_rob

4th Jun 08 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true fonz! handbrake is defo a no no hahaha! could do every 2 weeks...wonder how long a full tank of petrol would last...infact the is abit of "off roading" trail up the back i could use to run it up and down about 100 metres hehe...would raise suspension 1st though haha, cheers
K 5ive

4th Jun 08 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No harm in it all, that's what I do with the Rover over winter and start it up every now and then and let it get to temperature.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 09:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine wasn't used for a few months this winter.

Will happen again next winter. I just turn up every now and then and start it up

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
johnhara1

4th Jun 08 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 / 12 months the petrol will be fine.

Just occasionally get day insurance for £10 so its taken for a run.
notts.pirate

4th Jun 08 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Just occasionally get day insurance for £10 so its taken for a run.

good thinking batman

id maybe disconnect/remove the battery just in case theres a slight drain on it and it knackers it up
pow
Premium Member

4th Jun 08 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leave it with the handbrake off. If you can put some shit wheels on it, do - blad steelies, bricks, unhook the battery negitive terminal.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » storing a car for 6/12 month period 24 database queries in 0.0122480 seconds