corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » TEMP 100+

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author TEMP 100+
loubielou

User status: Offline
5th Jun 08 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In my corsa if i stopped in traffic it always went wayyy over 100 cooled down when i was moving again but i did have a new engine because of oil
Fro

5th Jun 08 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And make sure there are no air leaks and the coolant is circulating properly Through the engine.
Mobby

5th Jun 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loubielou
In my corsa if i stopped in traffic it always went wayyy over 100 cooled down when i was moving again but i did have a new engine because of oil

this used to happen to my old corsa, the gauge would say it was running cold as if it wasnt workng, but when i parked up it slowely rised, never worked unless i was parked, and the reason its clean is because i had just topped it up, ill drive it round tonight after topping up the oil then take some pictures tomorroe and compare,

thanks for all the help and there were alot of replys, cant remeber a thread of mine ever going so good
fir3vip3r

5th Jun 08 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Originally posted by loubielou

this used to happen to my old corsa, the gauge would say it was running cold as if it wasnt workng, but when i parked up it slowely rised, never worked unless i was parked, and the reason its clean is because i had just topped it up, ill drive it round tonight after topping up the oil then take some pictures tomorroe and compare,

thanks for all the help and there were alot of replys, cant remeber a thread of mine ever going so good

i had that on my car would only move the gauge when it was stuck in traffic. it was broken it was right, the unit was fucked so was just keeping cool all the rime rather than warming up as it should have check the thermostat as its probably fucked
deano87

5th Jun 08 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If ever you do notice it getting very hot. Stick your heater onto full heat and fan speed 4. It does help. Gets a bit stuffy in the summer though, even with the windows open
Ben G

5th Jun 08 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you would know if your head gasket had gone so obviously it hasn't gone yet. mine went whilst i was doing 70mph down the a127 and smoke poured out from under the bonnet

but don't drive it until you fix it or it will!
GT190

5th Jun 08 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
If ever you do notice it getting very hot. Stick your heater onto full heat and fan speed 4. It does help. Gets a bit stuffy in the summer though, even with the windows open

i remember doing this in my 8v with mates in the car.
BIGDAVE24

5th Jun 08 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking on my parts system at work the fan swith should cut in at 105-100 on a 1.2 sxi corsa b
Mobby

5th Jun 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh thats when it did cut in, and i know i would know if the headgasket went, i was shitting my self thinking this is running hot, i hope it dont seize, but sayin that iv drove it home topped her up with oil and water and shes running ok, ill check the coolant tomorrow
harrisp

7th Jun 08 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
you would know if your head gasket had gone so obviously it hasn't gone yet. mine went whilst i was doing 70mph down the a127 and smoke poured out from under the bonnet

but don't drive it until you fix it or it will!

It can go without it being like that.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll