corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine upgrade info req.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine upgrade info req.
Rallycorsa

User status: Offline
15th Jun 08 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently running a C16XE on hydraulics 288 cams, Jenvey TBs, Omex 600,head ported polished, full competiton exhaust,standard pistons with pocket ARPs, revving to 7600 it around 170bhp at the flywheel,feels pretty good and had some reasonable results with this setup.

Im now thinking of going to steel rods,Wossner pistons,solid lifters and cams to suit. The question is is it worth the extra money and what could i realisticly expect to see in power and torque?

What can the engine take rpm before i need to go dry sump? dont want to dry sump as extra £££ currently have the Protec breather system fitted.

Thanks
broster
Premium Member

15th Jun 08 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt want a competition car running over 8750 without a dry sump, infact 8500 would be pretty high, you could suffer from oil starvation, and good buy engine.

id expect you could see 200bhp with the right cams, what exhaust manifold do you have?

alot of thought has to be put into the compression ratio etc to get what you want, if you need any help call me at work or email me

broster@jam-sport.co.uk

we will be able to sort bits out for you
RCS

15th Jun 08 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What torque is the engine making at the moment and where?
Rallycorsa

15th Jun 08 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Torque from memory is 130 132 and it has a pretty much flat line upto 7200 i think.
I am planning on getting a power run done to confirm what i have at the min.

Broster i have a custom made 4 branch with 2" mains to 2 1/4 twin box system, this system has been made by very reputable company in Newcastle AAS.

What i dont want is a screamer that has nothing low down and maic after 5000 rpm. The other concern is the driveshafts and box currently using a Quaife F15 gearkit and standard shafts.
RCS

15th Jun 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was you I wouldn't bother. You are only spending money to get extra rpm, as thats how these engines make big power. The only thing I would do is get a new exhaust manifold, 2" primaries are too big for this engine.

Rallycorsa

15th Jun 08 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This system was back to back tested with SBDs and it produced more power and torque. I may also have the size wrong it maybe 1 7/8 anyway i wont be changing it thanks. As for the motor it looks like i will stick with what ive got as it looks like an exspenive 20/30 bhp.
Thanks for the comments.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

16th Jun 08 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 288 profile you have kev is a very good one, I fould that when I went for 300's it destroyed the engine from a drivability point of view so thas why I kept a 288 profile for my new cams with a much higher lift figure and faster ramp rate to get the valve open faster.

New Poll