corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » 90mm rears wanting to swap for 100

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 90mm rears wanting to swap for 100
antoni

User status: Offline
1st Jul 08 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yo guys, received my 90mm rears from dave a yesterday but i should have got 100mm used them yesterday and today for a combined total of 7miles and i want rid so i can get 100's

if anyone wants to swap their 100mm for my 90 please u2u, dont mind sorting out a bit of cash either way etc

base price is £90 posted just to keep in with rules
.dean.

2nd Jul 08 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave a springs arnt very low are they!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd Jul 08 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well, my 60mm springs lower 60mm, the 90mm springs lower by exactly 90mm from standard and 100mm springs do the same!
antoni

2nd Jul 08 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have measured them to be lower than stock by 91mm so ermm yer ide say they were right
.dean.

2nd Jul 08 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
well, my 60mm springs lower 60mm, the 90mm springs lower by exactly 90mm from standard and 100mm springs do the same!

well tbh i think there 60mm cut down due to the big grinder markes in the coil below can you please explain why that is i also dont understand why out of the 6 springs i got none where the same size???

Mobby

2nd Jul 08 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .dean.
quote:

well tbh i think there 60mm cut down due to the big grinder markes in the coil below can you please explain why that is i also dont understand why out of the 6 springs i got none where the same size???

GOT ANY PICTURES?
antoni

2nd Jul 08 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ermmm dood your having a laugh arent you ? how can rear springs be cut down yet still seat into the locators ?

if your on about front ones, your spring is one little section of a massive spring, you really think they take their time to wind one spring at a time ?

ohh and btw GTF outta my thread

plzkthx
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd Jul 08 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .dean.
quote:

well corsa rear springs are made to a certain shape so you couldnt cut them down if you wanted to. As for the length of the spring, its irrelevant. The spring is measured by poundage. Each spring is made individually and then dyno tested so that each one compresses to the same length under the same amount of stress and each one uncoils at the same rate when the pressure is removed. Then they are sent for powder coating. The grooves that are sometimes apparent in the bottom of the spring are there for a reason, they allow the spring to be suspended during the powder coating process.

The company that makes the springs to our spec also make springs for Gaz shocks and used to make springs for Leda before they went out of business. I trust them 100% when they send a spring out that it is correct every time.
aron

2nd Jul 08 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prov sold to me anyway.
antoni

2nd Jul 08 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ssooolllldddd !!!!!!!!!
john_c20xe

3rd Jul 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need sum if ne1 has u2u me plz

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Parts Offered » 90mm rears wanting to swap for 100 25 database queries in 0.0203469 seconds