corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » throttle bodies - Carbs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author throttle bodies - Carbs
Reedy

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 08 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right you tend to get people who put bike carbs on their engine and people who put throttle bodies on their engines.
Whats the difference?
Also what is neccessary to put throttle bodies onto an engine?
i take it, throttle bodies (its just 4 instead of a single one) but how would you convert that to fit on the engine

i hope somebody can shed some light on it for me.

cheers
Paul_J

2nd Jul 08 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Throttle Bodies is fuel injected...

fuck carbs ... most people get fueling wrong and lose power with carbs.
Paul_J

2nd Jul 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To fit Bike throttle bodies on a engine you need a specially made inlet manifold to fit it. (you can buy these off shelf for 106 / saxo's to fit R1 Throttle Bodies)

Then you need to have it all set up and mapped to suit. The TPS goes on the end of the Bodies and you have to make sure you have a feed for the brake servo and solve any throttle linkage issues.
Paul_J

2nd Jul 08 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.106rallyeforum.com/forum2008/showthread.php?t=54349

Reedy

2nd Jul 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
To fit Bike throttle bodies on a engine you need a specially made inlet manifold to fit it. (you can buy these off shelf for 106 / saxo's to fit R1 Throttle Bodies)

Then you need to have it all set up and mapped to suit. The TPS goes on the end of the Bodies and you have to make sure you have a feed for the brake servo and solve any throttle linkage issues.

im looking at doing this for the clio...... i take it i just need to make sure i get a special inlet then.
av it

2nd Jul 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

no need for mapping if you do away with the wiring totally and use an advancable dizzy and for the throttle cable you use a bicycle brake cable but they will need either setting up or rejetting
Superlite Ltd.

2nd Jul 08 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
fuck carbs ... most people get fueling wrong and lose power with carbs.

Yup, you want someone with experience to set them up. Carbs are ace if setup right, but i'd only use them on a competition car and not a road one
Reedy

2nd Jul 08 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen this clio valver with throttle bodies, Where do you get this manifold from?

There must be a place that specifically makes them
av it

2nd Jul 08 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try bogg bros in north yorkshire iirc they made mine
Superlite Ltd.

2nd Jul 08 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look like yellow weber injectors

Surley not as they are 300cc/min iirc
Baskey

2nd Jul 08 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate if you need any info on throttle boddies or bike carbs on a valver engine go to www.renaultsportsclub.com.

Also if your thinking about tunning that engine id consider swapping it for a f7r out a megane/clio willaims. Its a much better base to start with and cheeper than mucking about with the 1.8

[Edited on 02-07-2008 by Baskey]
Robin
Premium Member

2nd Jul 08 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We can sell you the manifold like that, don't bother messing around with bike bodies, do it right first time.
Paul_J

2nd Jul 08 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
seen this clio valver with throttle bodies, Where do you get this manifold from?

There must be a place that specifically makes them

Well they aren't Bike throttle bodies are they!

They look like jenvey TB's so therefore you'd just buy a off the shelf jenvey inlet.

Make your mind up with what you want to do with it. Obviously you can't easily buy inlets that allow bike throttle bodies to fit, as the bike bodies aren't meant for the car! Therefore they need custom inlets made.

Otherwise just buy some off the shelf TB's + inlets, i.e. jenvey or whomever.

For 106 gti's KMS Direct to head bodies are pretty good, being direct to head removes the need for the inlet and the angle is ideal.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » throttle bodies - Carbs 23 database queries in 0.0106440 seconds