corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Power windows acting stupid after resetting ECU

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Power windows acting stupid after resetting ECU
BoardkilL

User status: Offline
18th Jul 08 at 02:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A while ago I bought a new ECU, or at least a new eprom, for my X14XE Corsa sport. After looking in the Opel TIS 2000 computer handbook thingy I figured out how to change it, so I disconnected everything and opened it up.

Unfortunately I have a completely different ECU than the one in the manual they use at Opel/Vauxhall/Holden. After closing up the ECU without a new chip in place, I connected everything back up.

The car started without any problems what so ever. Plus it ran a bit smoother after resetting the ECU - for some reason.

It was only when I got to the drive-thru at Maccas I noticed that the power windows were acting up. They go down and up all right, but I have to hold the button in to do so. Before I could just push the button and they would move up or down until I stopped them - or the were completely shut/open.

Has anyone got any good ideas as to why this has happened, and how to fix it?
BoardkilL

18th Jul 08 at 02:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never mind, when I posted a bunch of threads about the same issue came up. Too bad there's no search function, or I wouldn't have posted.
binner

18th Jul 08 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does this everytime i disconect the battery, after a couple of days or so it just decides to start working so i wouldnt worry about it
luke85

18th Jul 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you need to close them, let your finger off the up button then press and hold the up button again for 10 seconds, all will be well
Kenzie

18th Jul 08 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its all about time mate!

Give it 30mins and it will be ok.

Mine does the same when i disconnect the battery. Its like its "forgotten" how to go up and down thierselves!
dean101287

18th Jul 08 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie
Its all about time mate!

Mine does the same when i disconnect the battery. Its like its "forgotten" how to go up and down thierselves!

errm no its not- you have to put the window all the way up untill you hear a click, then all the way down till it click and then they will work properly
James@CCC

18th Jul 08 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, they just disconnect whenever u take away their power supply. as said just close them and hold down the up button for like 2 seconds and youll hear a click.
binner

18th Jul 08 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah well now i know lol, i never looked into it cos it fixed its self
Kenzie

18th Jul 08 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dean101287
quote:
Originally posted by Kenzie
Its all about time mate!

errm no its not- you have to put the window all the way up untill you hear a click, then all the way down till it click and then they will work properly

Learn something new everyday
Wizard1906

18th Jul 08 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought all this stuff was common knowledge i`ve known this stuff for fifteen years!!!!

[Edited on 18-07-2008 by Wizard1906]
Limecat
Banned

18th Jul 08 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wizard1906
i thought all this stuff was common knowledge i`ve known this stuff for fifteen years!!!!

[Edited on 18-07-2008 by Wizard1906]

Ditto. I do wonder what some people would do without the internet? You have to hand it to the older generation who did all the shizzle on their Cortinas etc and just had to do trial and error to sort stuff!

Whats worse is that all this crap is covered in the owners manual if people bothered to read it?
BoardkilL

19th Jul 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried to find it in the service thingy Opel uses in the workshops, but couldn't. And since the forum doesn't have a search option, I posted. What good is the forum, if you can't use it for stuff like this

New Poll