corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » motorbikes?????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author motorbikes?????
gavin2409

User status: Offline
20th Jul 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been thinking of doing my test as iv always liked bikes but never ridden one?
what sort of bike should i look at n any1 know of prices for test etc
cheers
fir3vip3r

20th Jul 08 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would say search but it doesnt work,

been posted a few times in the past couple of days mate, have a scan through off day
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 08 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something like a 400 would be good for a first time rider. Or you could buy my 125 then work your way up

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
corsa120

20th Jul 08 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im doin mine soon dude, but tbh im gonna grab the bull by the hron and get either triumph speed triple or gsxr 600 both different bikes but i like them both....

dont care if there to quick blah blah ive bin driving 8 years and do motorcross regularly so think i can handle it lol

but im doin direct access course
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 08 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bike are a completely different animal to cars mate, I passed my bike test before learning to drive, I kept thinking like a bike so it was hard getting used to the car.

If you've been doing motorcross then you'll have the general idea I suppose

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
gavin2409

20th Jul 08 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just looking it up now seeming like a good idea at mo
gavin2409

20th Jul 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats the speed like on a 125 then im completely new to this lol
how much u after fr urs matey
Bram

20th Jul 08 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got my test on 1st September. Cost me £395 for 3 days training, theory and practical test

Did my CBT last weekend and will be riding my 125 until then to practice
gavin2409

20th Jul 08 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i wanna do get used to a bike 1st did u all go out on a derelict road to get used to it 1st or just did ur test straight away
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jul 08 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin2409
A 125 will do about 70, but because it's so light it gets up to speed quite nicely.

Looking for about £900 for mine, I made a thread in classifieds: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=439323. It's a brilliant little bike and I've looked after it. New tax disc ordered today and booking an MOT next week.

[Edited on 20-07-2008 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
namkeaps

21st Jul 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i rode a bike for first time the other day. took 10 mins to learn and was doing all the cbt stuff. figure of 8's etc etc. easy enough for a compitant person

i wouldnt go straight for a "superbike though" whole different kettle of fish. personally i will be sticking to a 125 ormaybe a 250 for a while before i make the jump to something like a 600
alexm

21st Jul 08 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by gavin2409
A 125 will do about 70, but because it's so light it gets up to speed quite nicely.

Looking for about £900 for mine, I made a thread in classifieds: http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=439323. It's a brilliant little bike and I've looked after it. New tax disc ordered today and booking an MOT next week.

[Edited on 20-07-2008 by Daveskater]

A sports 125 2-Stroke tuned will do about 110 tops, and will be rapid 0-60 around 5/6 seconds at best depending on rider weight engine condition and how kind you are to your clutch.

On average though a 4 stroke restricted bike will do around 65-70.

Bikes are a LOT of fun, but are without a doubt much more dangerous than in the car, people pull out on you, cut you up, generally hate you, but the satisfaction of pinning the throttle and beating anything on a big bike is just amazing!! If its one thing you take away from your bike training... remember your 'lifesavers' (shoulder checks).
Daimo B

21st Jul 08 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Foget the 125.

Get a mid sportsbike and have it limited to 33bhp. Get teh feel for a heavier bike, plenty of torque, 100+mph, and no need to change bike, just remove the box restrictors.

Forget teh 125s, most will be thrashed, will need a rebuild shortly, costs a fortune in oil, and sound like hairdryers.

Get a proper bike, ahve it restricted.
cjohnson

21st Jul 08 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad had never ridden a bike but I did motocross when I was younger... He wanted to get into bikes... He did a direct access course for about £600??? Correct me if I'm wrong... He passed that and got a Kawasaki ZZR 600... He said it was an awesome bike to start on, then he got a Yamaha R1 lol... But said he would recommend a ZZR to anyone..

Carl...
Daveskater
Premium Member

22nd Jul 08 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alexm
A sports 125 2-Stroke tuned will do about 110 tops, and will be rapid 0-60 around 5/6 seconds at best depending on rider weight engine condition and how kind you are to your clutch.

On average though a 4 stroke restricted bike will do around 65-70.
Didn't know a 2-stroke 125 would do 110 Yup, I was just going with a "bog standard" 4-stroke 125.

Getting a proper bike and having it restricted is a good idea, as you can get used to it before having all that power. I'd say you're kind of right about 125's being thrashed, it depends on the rider and the gearbox. When in 5th mine does a fair amount of revs at 60 so it's unavoidable, but the previous owner was a woman that only put 67 miles on it and I don't thrash it because it's only a little engine

Ok, they sound a bit like hairdryers, but at least they don't sound like strimmers like peds do

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » motorbikes????? 24 database queries in 0.0122571 seconds