corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SUSPENSION PROBLEM PLEASE HELP! B10 kit, tube spacer's from GM, who's suspension kit comes with th

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SUSPENSION PROBLEM PLEASE HELP! B10 kit, tube spacer's from GM, who's suspension kit comes with th
corsa_rob

User status: Offline
   28th Jul 08 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right my rear end is starting to piss me off

found inside the rubber gormit bit in the below picture

its a bilstein b10 kit ive had...without the spacer there the shocks stand rubber against the metal so have no torque setting possible and the rear springs have ended up looking like they are squished (compressed) all the time...will get a picture lately?

well my idea is to buy new spacers and cut em down to size

anyone got this kit or pics of other rear suspension of ANY sort...please post up so i can have a looksie...need it sorted as also exhaust vs the rear beam

heres pic of car...kinda showing that its lower than 40mm at the rear cause of this i guess

its abit lower than this now too
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

28th Jul 08 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont understand what the problem is?
corsa_rob

28th Jul 08 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
I dont understand what the problem is?

the isnt one of them tube spacer things that came on the standard suspension...so the shock is held in by a nyloc nut with a rubber washer either side of the body...so the isnt a firm connection almost...so the is movement there...the wierd thing is that the springs are so compressed without any weight on them i need to get a picture to explain but the top 3 rings on the coil spring as all touching together??? which doesnt seem anywhere near right to me???

any pictures from the side of the car of a 40mm coil spring wud help...just a LITTLE bit of a storm hear at the moment so cant get out yet
csweatherston

28th Jul 08 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just use the GM mounts then.

i find all aftermarket kits knock slightly, due to the top rubbers.
corsa_rob

28th Jul 08 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the spacer is too long for the shortened bilstein shock so ill have to take abit off it to make it fit like...may aswell give it a go like, doesnt seem right not to have one on the kit though...love it other than that though
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

29th Jul 08 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the experience you are having is completely normal. the coils are designed to sit that way and the rubbers supplied with the kit are 100% correct.

what is the reason for you wanting to change them ?

New Poll