corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fuelling issues with vac leak

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fuelling issues with vac leak
Ben ev

User status: Offline
14th Aug 08 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car has a pritty major vac leak on a inlet mani that i mde for a c20let. its fixable but wonted to no if it would cause it to un lean s my widebandshows full lean on idle (22.4)
hoping to kill 2 birds with one stone but i always thought that a vc leak would cause it to run rich?

[Edited on 14-08-2008 by Ben ev]
luke85

15th Aug 08 at 05:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a non turbo car or when the manifold is under vacuum then it will be sucking air in and like you see, it runs leaner.

But with a turbo car when its on boost it will run rich because instead of sucking air in, it will be blown out of the leak by the pressure in the manifold
phil_sutton

15th Aug 08 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fuel pressure is controlled by the inlet boost / vacuum as well
Ben ev

15th Aug 08 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers. cleared it up abit. ime going to weld around the plenuim, although it will be permanently fixed on there at least it shouldnt leak! if that fails ile have to go back to standed inlet i guess

New Poll