corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how easily will catch fire?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how easily will catch fire?
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Aug 08 at 10:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above? car has 2 subs, 2 amps, 2 sets components, neon lighting and strobes inside and out, all fuised near abttery and around DIY switch board?
dad keeps pestering me that im going to go up in smoke? what re the chances? i.e. what can the car take electrically?

neil
B3KAN

15th Aug 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If everythign is fused & wired correctly then as long as you have a good battery there should be no problems
Toby
Premium Member

15th Aug 08 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah make sure its all well fused and make sure that if your using bullet connectors that the male is on the none battery side i.e. cablke from battery to female connecto then to male connecteor then other cable, this way if a wire came loose it wouldnt touch the chaissis and go up in smoke, allways use heat shrink aswell to insulate the connections
FAZ
Premium Member

15th Aug 08 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use insulatr tape, is that just as good? i dont use skimpy amounts of it. battery is a varat b18 and has oe 55amp altenator on 1.2 16v. cheers guys
carnuts

15th Aug 08 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also make sure any holes in the car that the wire runs through is nice insulated with say a rubber grommet or something i seen fires because of that before

New Poll