corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » Bank Holiday Monday

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bank Holiday Monday
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Aug 08 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought I'd see if anyone was interested.

On Bank Holiday Monday I'm heading off to the Lakes to have another go at bridgeswinging.

This was my first attempt last year

It's probably the most addrenaline filled experience I've ever had, brilliant fun and at a fiver a jump, I'd say well worth it

It's a great excuse for a day in the Lakes too, if anyone wants to come I'm sure we could make a great day of it, there's a village just up the road, then a few more villages a few miles further joined by quite a nice road so I'm sure we could find a nice pub for some food and find some nice sights for those of us that'd be fetching cameras

If anyone's interested let us know, atm I'm going on my own, I'd more than welcome some company

Oh and for more info on the bridgeswinging, this is the company that do it. I think they've been doing it for something like 25 years, plenty of vids on the site too.

http://www.chillandbuzz.co.uk/
flybikeslee

18th Aug 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you get lonely mike ill bob down with you, looks like a laugh
R Lee

18th Aug 08 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mother fucker, that looks scary
Mike
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just so you know, the jumping isn't compulsory just incase anyone's worried about that.

I'm not gonna pressure anyone and the people that run it won't pressure you. I know it's too much for a lot of people, there was a girl last year that had climbed over ready to jump off backwards but couldn't bring herself to let go, they just helped her back over, took her harness off and gave her money back. No-one would say anything cos probably half the people on the bridge wouldn't do it, even some of those that run it have never tried it

The only point of no return is when you jump

[Edited on 18-08-2008 by Mike B]
Mike
Premium Member

25th Aug 08 at 18:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well that didn't go to plan

When I got there it was lashing down and it looked like they'd packed up and gone home

Ended up going for a bit of a drive which became a trip over the Yorkshire dales, eventually found Skipton, the first place for about 40 miles that I recognised the name of Then headed home. Forgot to fill up before I left so that was a concern too but I managed to get home without even a flicker from the petrol light So ended up sat on my arse for over 4 hours

Numb bum ftl
Andrew

25th Aug 08 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was going to head down Mike but then reliased how low funds where

Took my sisters and mum shopping earlier too and the pug is making some rattling noises under the hood. Sounds expensive so i didn;t bother to look

[Edited on 25-08-2008 by Andrew]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Aug 08 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably had a better weekend than me still
Mike
Premium Member

25th Aug 08 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started the Corsa up in some village before after my brother went for a toilet break, it was rattling it's nuts off

Gave it a rev, that seemed to sort it

Was a still a decent day tbh, would've been a better drive if it was dry but it could've been a lot worse, just worked it out, I did about 180 miles in about 4 1/2 hours, couldn't do any speed on most of the country roads cos it was a bit too wet and I didn't know the roads, mainly cos I didn't have the slightest clue where I was

I was lost for about 1 1/2 hours then I spotted the Skipton sign
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Aug 08 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh rattles!

wouldnt be a corsa if it didnt rattle
flybikeslee

25th Aug 08 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
ahh rattles!

wouldnt be a corsa if it didnt rattle

a better car?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

25th Aug 08 at 23:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what?
flybikeslee

26th Aug 08 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dam i read it wrong, i thought you put what would a corsa be if it didnt rattle... never mind

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Regional Groups & Events » North West and North Wales » Bank Holiday Monday 24 database queries in 0.0113692 seconds