corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rods n pistons for C16XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rods n pistons for C16XE
Rallycorsa

User status: Offline
17th Aug 08 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone recomend rods and pistons for a C16XE some rods on Ebay for £340 anyone used them?
sand-eel

17th Aug 08 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good one's are usually around £500
RCS

17th Aug 08 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd stay clear of ebay items unless its a reputable company selling. Even if they are cheap, its for a reason.
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 07:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PEC items are a good price and good quality item.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
PEC items are a good price and good quality item.
csweatherston

18th Aug 08 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got omega Ht pistons...do the job.
sand-eel

18th Aug 08 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about arrow?
Rallycorsa

18th Aug 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id rather hear from lads with experience. Arrow, Omega,Mahle all great but who has used what and good or bad comments. There seems to be good deals to be had from Wossner or if someone has any for sale give me a shout.
Broster thanks for the U2U but i think there are better deals to be had.
sand-eel

18th Aug 08 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've used arrow rods on a rally car revving to 8200rpm and they haven't broken yet
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rallycorsa, the prices for the kit used to be 849.99 however they are now 899. i use the woosner pistons in my engine and saenz rods, depends how much you want to spend, we use a varity of engine components at work and find that PEC offer a good product and price. no one is going to compete with ebay prices.
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
i've used arrow rods on a rally car revving to 8200rpm and they haven't broken yet

i used standard rods on a 1.6 reving to 8500 and didnt snap one, they went to 9000 and didnt snap, 9200 was where they broke
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think PEC also do alot of stuff on ebay?
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
I think PEC also do alot of stuff on ebay?

they do sell on ebay but i wasn't refering to them when mentioning ebay prices of stuff PEC are very good with prices and stick to one price so not to encourage bedroom traders selling for cost price +5% which kills real traders IMO
sand-eel

18th Aug 08 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

i used standard rods on a 1.6 reving to 8500 and didnt snap one, they went to 9000 and didnt snap, 9200 was where they broke

aye, heard good things about the 1.6 16v standard components
RCS

18th Aug 08 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Were you on or off the throttle when it broke?
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lifted off then back on when it snapped, nothing unusual.
RCS

18th Aug 08 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The lifting off probably caused the failure.

At full throttle, the greatest tension put into the rod is during the deceleration of the piston as it approaches TDC on the exhaust stroke. On the compression stroke, decelerating towards TDC, there is less tension in the rod as the cylinder pressure acts on the piston opposing the motion.

At closed throttle the loads on the rod are the same as above on the exhaust stroke, however there is little or no opposing force to the piston ascending up the bore on the compression stroke because cylinder pressure is reduced. So the rod is subjected to the similar tension loads from maximum deceleration on both the exhaust and compression strokes.
broster
Premium Member

18th Aug 08 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RCS
The lifting off probably caused the failure.

At full throttle, the greatest tension put into the rod is during the deceleration of the piston as it approaches TDC on the exhaust stroke. On the compression stroke, decelerating towards TDC, there is less tension in the rod as the cylinder pressure acts on the piston opposing the motion.

At closed throttle the loads on the rod are the same as above on the exhaust stroke, however there is little or no opposing force to the piston ascending up the bore on the compression stroke because cylinder pressure is reduced. So the rod is subjected to the similar tension loads from maximum deceleration on both the exhaust and compression strokes.

thanks for that lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Rods n pistons for C16XE 23 database queries in 0.0678060 seconds