corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting a fanbelt tensioner

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting a fanbelt tensioner
Corsa_Quadz

22nd Aug 08 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jus recieved one from vauxhall, gonna fit it in my lunch break. How do i go about replacing it?? Easy enough job?? Any help would be fantastic people
flame

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just held on with the bolt in the middle as far as i know, to make it a bit easier take off the air filter and when you turn the spanner on the centre nut the tensioner moves because there is a spring in it, when it gets to the stop, 2 holes line up which lets you put a screwdriver in to stop the tensioner moving. That isnt a great explanation, the haynes manual shows how with pics much better.
Corsa_Quadz

22nd Aug 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All done now mate, just tackled it my self! THe hardest bit was gettin the pin outta the new tensioner!

New Poll