corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I spoke to a newcastle fan last night

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I spoke to a newcastle fan last night
Tom

User status: Offline
28th Aug 08 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I say spoke, more had a very heated arguement with. He was my taxi driver taking me home from my birds house at like 12.30am this morning. I get in he starts going 'Did you see that shower of shite tonight, how fucking lucky were they I hate them' (referring to liverpool, i'm not sure what sort of reaction he thought he was going to get considering we were what 7 miles from anfield ) I played along and said I was a red etc and that you sometimes have to win games ugly. He starts getting all shirty and literally shouting that he best me £50 we don't win the league this year.

So I obviously asked him who he supported...low and behold newcastle FPMSL I felt obliged to remind him that his beloved newcastle hadn't won a proper trophy for like 40 years. He told me they had won 'the european cup' 2 years ago one which liverpool had never won (intertoto) which he didn't wana hear was because we didn't need to compete with small clubs like his ( he didn't like that) he then started banging on about the 'fairs cup' which I never knew what he was on about tbh. Then he started telling me that man utd were more succesful than liverpool if you count second division trophies safe to say he got no tip

[Edited on 28-08-2008 by Tom]
Robbo

28th Aug 08 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FLOL

Sounds like that Chelski fan in Kebab Kid
Tom

28th Aug 08 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't mind but I was nicely chilled and was looking forward to a quiet taxi home then jumping straight into bed but I was wired when I got in
RyanSxi

28th Aug 08 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel he had a point with the "shower of shite" and "fucking lucky parts" but to say Newcastle are any good is a joke
Tom

28th Aug 08 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We played shit, we were lucky to score in the last few mins but they never looked like scoring and you have to have a bit of luck now and then
Jules

28th Aug 08 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never looked like scoring apart from the times Reiner kept you in the game - at both legs - but apart from that they never looked like scoring
Conway563

28th Aug 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't stand fans like him as when I'm now asked who I support I'm tarred with the same brush that I think we have a divine right to be a top team.
Obviously we've had a good start to the season but I still think the best we can hope for is a good cup run and hope for a top 8 finish. I'm starting to feel I'm one of the few fans that likes the way Mike Ashley is running the club. He's payed off a massive amount of debt and he's not prepared to pay the astronomical wages we used to pay for shit players to sit in the treatment room.
We've actually bought a lot more players than most people think since Ashley took over but the majority of them are young so haven't featured in the first team.

Sorry that turned in to a bit of an essay.
To summarise he sounds like a cock and is one of the many newcastle fans that give us all a bad name
Jill
Premium Member

28th Aug 08 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom- was it MadMoe?! I didn't know he was a taxi driver... *lok: hehe

JILL

*am joking btw Moe

[Edited on 28-08-2008 by Jill]
Robbo

28th Aug 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He does indeed, in fairness both you and Mad Moe (the only 2 Newc fans I actually know) bioth talk sense but most geordies they interview on SSN etc thing youre a huge clubn because you have great support and a big stadium... well Coventry have a big stadium as well but doesnt make them a big club lol
Tom

28th Aug 08 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Never looked like scoring apart from the times Reiner kept you in the game - at both legs - but apart from that they never looked like scoring

I was talking about the 2nd leg specifically, I conceed that we were lucky in the 1st leg not to let one or even two in. We edged it last night though and it's not lucky that we have such a good keeper anyway (e.g. we signed him )

We lacked width last night (which the commentators pointed out about every 4 and half minutes) hopefully riera will help with that
Tom

28th Aug 08 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
Can't stand fans like him as when I'm now asked who I support I'm tarred with the same brush that I think we have a divine right to be a top team.
Obviously we've had a good start to the season but I still think the best we can hope for is a good cup run and hope for a top 8 finish. I'm starting to feel I'm one of the few fans that likes the way Mike Ashley is running the club. He's payed off a massive amount of debt and he's not prepared to pay the astronomical wages we used to pay for shit players to sit in the treatment room.
We've actually bought a lot more players than most people think since Ashley took over but the majority of them are young so haven't featured in the first team.

Sorry that turned in to a bit of an essay.
To summarise he sounds like a cock and is one of the many newcastle fans that give us all a bad name

I know you have decent fans and I wasn't generalising you all, he was just some bellend who didn't have a jar tbh

I think Ashely is trying to do the best for the club but unfortunately until you are more succesful with developing youth you aren't going to be able to adopt arsenal's way of running the club completely
Jill
Premium Member

28th Aug 08 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
hopefully riera will help with that

Just out of interest do you have any information on him career-wise? All I know is that he plays for Espanyol atm, and iirc was on loan to (?) ManC before that in (?)2006?

JILL
Tom

28th Aug 08 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He started with mallorca apparantly and went to bordeaux for a season before moving to espanyol where he had a loan spell at man city. I don't know that much about him, I just know he's meant to be quite strong and plays left wing, and has some skills

Jill
Premium Member

28th Aug 08 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coolio

JILL
Richie B

29th Aug 08 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everyone always tars us with the same brush as being obsessed with being a huge club. The vast majority don't think this and just want to see an improvement.

Generalising here myself, but Liverpool fans are obsessed with what they've won, how they're going to challenge every year, and how a lot of the fans never seem to admit when they've played pony/were jammy in getting a result
Marc

30th Aug 08 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Then he started telling me that man utd were more succesful than liverpool if you count second division trophies safe to say he got no tip

Sounds like a nice chap!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » I spoke to a newcastle fan last night 24 database queries in 0.0121081 seconds