corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » ROVER question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ROVER question
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Sep 08 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got this friends Rover 214 16v on R plate.

apart from being a write off and generally bad car, it got disbalanced brakes!. the thing is the front ones only! rears seem to be ok but nothing was mentioned on MOT.. passengers side stops but not as good as drivers. checked the runners, cleaned them and no effect noticed. also put different set of pads that came off a car that passed MOT recelntly.. No effect... however.. the handbrake used to hold the rear brakes on just second click of handbrake leaver (deffo too low).. lossened it a bit and now much higher (5-6 click) to lock the rear brakes.. front feels more balanced now.. (no air in system)

any advice on what else should i check? hope its not master cylinder as dont fancy going bleeding the brakes again..also calipers seem to be doing their job...

hope u understand everything i wrote up
Ellis

1st Sep 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be pointing the finger at the piston in the caliper, if it was the MC i would have thought both brakes would have been poor
johnhara1

1st Sep 08 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sticking caliper?

If you strip the weakest side caliper down, remove the brake fluid resevoir cap then pump the pedal until the piston comes right out you could then lube the rod up and hopefully this will sort it.

This is what i was told to do on my pug anyway.
daymoon
Premium Member

1st Sep 08 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm will try that.. cleaing the caliper.. hopefully will work!

New Poll