corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » parrot car kit/kenwood headunit/amp problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author parrot car kit/kenwood headunit/amp problem
mattievRS

User status: Offline
3rd Sep 08 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive wired in a parrot ck3000 car kit and it all works fine apart from......

When the phone rings or i dial out the headunit mutes the front and rear speakers but as the 6 by 9s are powered via phonos from the rear non fading pre outs they arent muting with all the other speakers.

Any ideas???
pow
Premium Member

3rd Sep 08 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"non fading" is your problem.

Might be able to do some electrical trickery with a circuit to the "rem" wire of the amp. I.E. when the phone wire has signal (when the stereo mutes), the circuit cuts the feed to the singal wire, turning the amp off?
pow
Premium Member

3rd Sep 08 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Failing that, have you got some non fading pre-outs?
mattievRS

3rd Sep 08 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmmm ive looked and i have fading and non fading pre outs,however for some reason the remote wire from the amp is connected to the switched ignition because it wouldnt work with the remote from the headunit so im guessing its because of this.Ill have a mess around when i get chance.

New Poll