corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Post 2001 cars and engine conversions.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Post 2001 cars and engine conversions.
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
6th Sep 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right for a start u didnt state how long itd be getting kept for.I only commented on what was posted.U have cleared it up and worded it better so now its a bit more understandable.

To me tho its pretty clear cut.
Of course the tax rate is gonna go by the emissions that the engine in the car is putting out.

Its like dropping a C20XE into a 1.2 corsa.Change it on the log book and the tax will be whatever the tax bracket is for the donor car/engine.

Hope this helps.
pow
Premium Member

6th Sep 08 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the question was pretty clear tbh, but never mind.

Yeah, but, on a Corsa B the tax is done by engine size (upto 1549cc = £120 at the moment, over that £185). So when you put a 2.0 in, it simply gets "upp'd" to the higher tax band.

But there are laods with the emmisions based system...
Corsa_Sport21

6th Sep 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right cars before 2001 go by engine size(in most cases) and cars over 2001 go by emissions so really its just the same.
lil_g

6th Sep 08 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm confused as to how the DVLA system will work though Gregg

I'd say it goes by the emissions mate just as the older engines go by displacement

Unsure how it would be tested unless they use the book figures for the engine?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Post 2001 cars and engine conversions. 23 database queries in 0.0087168 seconds