corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pic request- H.i.d's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pic request- H.i.d's
Minty_Fresh

User status: Offline
12th Sep 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone used these?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-VECTRA-CORSA-H4_W0QQitemZ190250026619QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item190250026619&_trkparms=72%3A1089%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

only local
flybikeslee

12th Sep 08 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8k in depos. much prefer my 4300k in the civic though. more clear to drive with

redtom

12th Sep 08 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by warren.g
iv been thinking about getting a set of these for a while now

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-VECTRA-CORSA-H4_W0QQitemZ310081372634QQihZ021QQcategoryZ72235QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know a boy who bought a set of them exactly them ones but he got the wrong ones.... lives in lenham aswell so if you want em let me know hel probably want 60 but you will save postage i spose.
jono22

12th Sep 08 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can anyone tell me why these aftermarket HID kits all give off set colours ie. pure intense white / white with a hint off blue, purple etc and yet on the cars fitted with them from factory ie. puntos etc seem to give off a light output that seems to change from white to blue to purple depending on what angle / distance you view the light from ??

have yet to find someone who can explain this to me yet ??

anyone ??

p.s have the 8k ones fitted to my own car and again like others have said one off the best mods u can carry out on you car !!
Marshall

13th Sep 08 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jono22
Can anyone tell me why these aftermarket HID kits all give off set colours ie. pure intense white / white with a hint off blue, purple etc and yet on the cars fitted with them from factory ie. puntos etc seem to give off a light output that seems to change from white to blue to purple depending on what angle / distance you view the light from ??

have yet to find someone who can explain this to me yet ??

anyone ??

p.s have the 8k ones fitted to my own car and again like others have said one off the best mods u can carry out on you car !!

Heres a couple of pics of my 6000k kit

And in answer to the above question i believe you are noticing the difference between projector lenses and standard units.With the projector lenses the light is focused when it refracts through the convex lens and it almost gives it an edge. similar princible to light refracting through rain and showing us all the different colours of the rainbow.
Marshall

13th Sep 08 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can also confirm that some Lagunas with xenons dont have projectors.
Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 08 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how hard are they to wire up, i know they will have instructions, but just want to know in general..

also can anyone recomend to buy a 6k/8k set from
Marshall

13th Sep 08 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it varies a bit between fitment (dependant on if its for just dipped or dipped and main) but my H1 kit was plug and play and very easy. H4 kits do both (bi-xenon) and need a relay and a bit of extra wiring, which should be included in the kit. Still easy to fit and no soldering or rewiring is involved.

I got my kit from dave A, over 18 months ago, and have had no issues. Some of the cheap kits of ebay also come highly recommended.
Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer i want the h4 bi xenon ones..

dipped and main...
lil_hobbo

13th Sep 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 8k and i was driving my mates car the other night.. u can realy tell the difference once you have had them.. i would say 8k
Doug

13th Sep 08 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get 6k, they are like OEM bulbs and are the best compromise between light output and colour
joey736

13th Sep 08 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a guy on migweb selling them at a reduced price
Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 08 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a link mate?

Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 08 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries found them now lol
Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 08 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there £119.99 on there..

on ebay there £59.99

hmm
Vaux Lad

13th Sep 08 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same kit tho?

Some on ebay are cheap crap
Minty_Fresh

13th Sep 08 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well the place is in birmingham (20mins from me) so easily can pop over if they go wrong, unlike ones from hongkong)

and there is the same kit on ebay for £20 less inc postage
jono22

13th Sep 08 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FAO - Marshall- okay thanks for your pics / explanation off the workings off the HID kit, not 100% sure this is the correct answer as personally know loads off cars who have fitted these aftermarket HID kits to there cars which have had projector type headlights and there is no evidence off this changing light shimmer effect often seen on cars fitted with factory HID lighting.

indeed our second car - Hyundai coupe has projector headlights and having fitted 8K Hid lights to this car also I find that the output is intense white / blue but the output is the same regardless off how far / angle you stand away from the car.

in no way putting these kits down there is more to them than pure looks and still think 6 or 8k HIDS looks / works loads better than stock headlamps, just always wondered why the difference between afermarket light output and cars fitted with them as standard ??!!

again the corsa / old omegas almost gave off an almost purple / blue effect when viewed from certain angles, surely they were not comming from factory fitted with 12 K hid kits !!!
SXI - Matt

13th Sep 08 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I no what you mean the guy next door has bmw with them fitted from factory and look completley diffrent to after market kits fiitted to projector head lamps must have some think to do with the actual head lamps being used and the kits its the same in any factory fitted kit in any car

[Edited on 13-09-2008 by SXI - Matt]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pic request- H.i.d's 23 database queries in 0.0113270 seconds