corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Keegan Storms out of Asda.......................

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Keegan Storms out of Asda.......................
jr

User status: Offline
12th Sep 08 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kevin Keegan was last night seen storming out of Asda after only being in the supermarket for 10 minutes.

The announcement follows lengthy talks between the 57-year-old and the store manager Brian Richardson.

“I’ve been working desperately hard to find a way forward with this particular shop, but sadly that has not proved possible,” Keegan said in a statement.

“It’s my opinion that when you go to a supermarket you should be allowed to get on with it without constant interference from over eager shop assistants”.

Keegan’s move comes after three days of intense speculation about where he was to buy his groceries in the future.

“It is true I had only been in the store for about 10 minutes. I hadn’t shopped in a supermarket for over four years. When I lived in Scotland I chose small independent retailers such as Frank H Butlin Electricals and Archie Bruce and Sons in Glasgow. Asda was the only supermarket that would have tempted me back into a large chain store. I honestly believe I am the only customer that truly understands how Asda works. I have an affinity with the people that shop there, everyone knows that. However I was tempted in by some ‘2 for the price of 1′ deals and they just don’t exist. Apart from the offer on selected cheeses there was nothing. I feel totally let down. I genuinely hope things improve here. The Asda customers, and as I have said I love every single one of them, deserve so much better than this”

About 200 angry shoppers have gathered outside the Asda store in Gateshead. They chanted Keegan’s name and called for store manager Richardson and his deputy Sarah Lee to quit.

Michele Woods 45 from Mason’s Hill in Tyne and Wear said to our reporter: “Special K is right. The prices here have been gradually rising and no longer represent value for money. I have just paid £4.80 for six chicken thighs and they weren’t even fillets. I plan a boycott for the next two weeks and hope others join me. I just pray we can get Kevin back here as soon as possible. This store has become a laughing stock. I just thank God someone has had the guts to say it”

‘King Kev’ was later seen storming out of Barclays Bank, Blaydon Library and IKEA hypermarket claiming that the latter was now ‘far too Swedish’
Mad Moe

12th Sep 08 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant actually believe someone went to the trouble of typing that thinking it was funny, some people have far too much time on there hands

[Edited on 12-09-2008 by Mad Moe]
jr

12th Sep 08 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw it wasnt me
Scotty_B

12th Sep 08 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

liamC

13th Sep 08 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shite

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Keegan Storms out of Asda....................... 24 database queries in 0.0114589 seconds