corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Eibach Springs with Standard Shocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Eibach Springs with Standard Shocks
messham11

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 08 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys

Looking to buy some lowering springs for my Golf MK5 and am really wanting the Eibach Sportline Springs but it lowers the front upto 50mm so just wondered if this is ok?? Always been under the impression 40mm was the max with std shocks?!
Only do a few miles a day so it doesnt get used loads and I use mainly country lanes hence why I dont want to get coilovers

Thanks in advance
deano87

22nd Sep 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no set min or max you should drop on shocks, it's just down to comfort. In Corsa's, go any lower than -40mm on standard shocks and it isn't nice, so I've been told.

I would imagine on a better car such as a Golf, you can get away with more. Can always try and see. If it's uncomfortable, put back to standard and save up for uprated shocks as you already have the springs
messham11

23rd Sep 08 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only want to get it done once though, will go for a 35mm drop on Koni's if advised that the Eibachs are too much of a drop!

Anyone else??
Ash_EP3

23rd Sep 08 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the eibach kit on mine and it seems ok
messham11

23rd Sep 08 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the sportline kit? Upto 50mm I belive. How low is it at the front and whats the ride like? Cheers

New Poll