corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cams, lifters, valve springs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cams, lifters, valve springs
c20xe@live.co.uk

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 08 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am thinking about heavily camming my XE. Cams from PIPER are £380 and both have a duration of OVER 300 degrees and 11.73mm (in) and 11.05mm(ex) of lift. The bloke from demon tweeks said i won't need anything else, i.e lifters, verniers, springs but I'm not sure.

Can anyone tell me how much lift standard c20xe cams have?

And will i need anything else like SOLID lifters and new valve springs (maybe double???)

Will the engine run OK with no re-mapping/chip?

DEMON TWEEKS want £368 from solid lifters and £210 for double valve springs is this money worth it?

Thanks
lil_g

23rd Sep 08 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure you need new pistons for a start with cams that large, aswell as solid lifters.

Not sure what else you'd need, but pretty sure they wouldn't work very well on standard management either.

Standard duration is around 252 degrees iirc
c20xe@live.co.uk

23rd Sep 08 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yh cams can come with chip for another £200. I'm not sure if i wanna have duration that long as at 3k rpm on the graph of power (original cams and piper rally cams) it shows that the RALLY cams have HALF the power of original cams. I need the car for everyday use atm and i think it will be undriveable in traffic etc.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

23rd Sep 08 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

those lifts wont work with standard pistons and standard valve springs will be coilbound.

also, standard ecu wont cope with 300 degree cams, and the standard inlet isnt suitable anyway. For AN EVERYDAY ROAD CAR YOU WANT A DURATION OF AROUND 260 DEGREES.

if you get a mild cam with minimal lift over standard and low ramp rate, the standard hyraulic lifters will be fine, as will other components.

fi you need any other advice, or prices call me on the number in my sig.

New Poll