corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » What happened to the official’s decision is final

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What happened to the official’s decision is final
Jodi_the_g

User status: Offline
23rd Sep 08 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the West Ham events, John Terry red card getting over turned, Lewis Hamilton appealing his deduction of points.

It seems the more money involved the more people do not give a shit what the people who are hired to make these decisions week in week out are no longer important and it’s who spend more money on the legal aspect.

Whatever happened to sportsmanship.

It’s another example of its not my fault it someone else’s society we seem to moving more and more towards.

Tom

23rd Sep 08 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watford vs Reading kind of weakens your arguement jodi

I don't have a problem with stuff being decided post event if it's serious enough to have a major effect, although that is a little dangerous for some sports e.g football.
Robbo

23rd Sep 08 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well when the 'officials' start getting obviosu decisions right then i think people will accept them... *cough* Reading vs Watford *cough*
Jodi_the_g

23rd Sep 08 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I agree the Watford vs Reading was stupid. But bad decisions are part and parcel of sport and it makes for better banter.
But Watford accepted the result
"I don't expect players to take things into their own hands. It's not up to them.
"If someone stops you in a car park and gives you a present you don't say no do you?"

He did the right thing.
Robbo

23rd Sep 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad decisions are part and parcel yes, but on a weekly basis when they influence everything si not acceptable IMO
Jodi_the_g

23rd Sep 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Bad decisions are part and parcel yes, but on a weekly basis when they influence everything si not acceptable IMO

I don't believe the standard is any less than what it ever has been though. Just we have more media now that over analyzes everything and is played over and over again instead of once on the news at 10.
Robbo

23rd Sep 08 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe, the thing that annoys me is what hassle is it to SAY put a chip in the ball that tells you when it corsses various lines etc... and an argument of 30s delay is nonsense as people whinging takes twice as logn after every duff decision

Its the continual rejection of easy and obvious technologies that annoys me
Jodi_the_g

23rd Sep 08 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh i agree with that, I am a Hockey (ice not the woman's version) Fan you always know when the puck cross the line.

I do not want video replays as it will slow football down. I like it because it is free flowing.

I also think we should go like rugby in football only the captain speaks to the ref I hate seeing refs crowded.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » What happened to the official’s decision is final 24 database queries in 0.0071142 seconds