corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions Tuesday-Wednesday Thread Sponsored by No One as its the new in thing.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions Tuesday-Wednesday Thread Sponsored by No One as its the new in thing.
J da Silva

User status: Offline
30th Sep 08 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Rafael really has been a good buy, and at only 18 I think we can forgive him his mistakes that the commentators like to pick up on, as you say Brown does make a few blunders. I'm not too concerned with Berbatovs laid back approach as oppose to that of Rooneys manic run abouts as if the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney etc are working their socks off I'll forgive Berbatov if he can produce the goals! I agree its not ideally the player you want but it worked for van Nistelrooy and its still working for him at Real Madrid now!

RVN works alot more than Berbatov, I watched the game at 5.30 today and if RVN can do what he does at 32 then Berbatov should watch some of his dvd's, his lazyness causes Rooney and Ronaldo to take the play away from Berbatov, alot of the times he wasn't even in the box when either play advanced. That is not a target man.
J da Silva

30th Sep 08 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I agree with you Jiz about the Rafael/Brown comment, rafael looks a real star in the making, and as much as i like brown, because he does everything that's asked for him, rafael's a nutter and doesnt stop running, attacking, etc, and he can tackle too, which is good being a defender

All too easy for berbatov tonight, needs to get some goals in the league too though

Blackburn at the weekend is a step up from Aalborg, I hope he sorts it because I like the idea of what can be done with him upfront, as I said in the previous post though it's not working at the moment, maybe in 4 or 5 games it will click.
I could tell with Ronaldo's body language he preferred Rafael at rightback than Brown but I'm sure SAF will already know this.
strick206

30th Sep 08 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he will know who ronaldo would prefer, although at the minute, i think it's better if he was used sparingly, to gain his experience gradually, and his confidence

The thing with berbatov is he clearly is a massively talented player, and all his skill is flicks and passes etc, so he likes to be just off a striker, which will don't have, other than manucho

If fergie can get him player as a striker and using his skill and flicks to pass onto rooney and ronaldo, he'll be a gem and bag loads of assists, not to mention his ability if he gets a chance himself
Hammer

30th Sep 08 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marcos Senna was head and shoulders above every player on the park for us tonight.

Soft free kick we gave away but in the end we can't really have much complaints, we never took any of our chances that were limited but chances all the same.
Robbo

1st Oct 08 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Senna is class, even at 33/34... Brazilian born IIRC?
Hammer

1st Oct 08 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he is i think.

He put on a masterclass in being a modern day centre midfielder last night. He always seemed to have 10 yards of space no matter where he got the ball. Reminded me of Yaya Toure against us last season actually!
Robbo

1st Oct 08 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We so should have made Yaya Toure part of the Hleb deal!!
Marc

1st Oct 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
Blackburn at the weekend is a step up from Aalborg, I hope he sorts it because I like the idea of what can be done with him upfront, as I said in the previous post though it's not working at the moment, maybe in 4 or 5 games it will click.

Might get his chance as Rooney looks doubtful at the moment.
Eck
Premium Member

1st Oct 08 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Yeah he is i think.

He put on a masterclass in being a modern day centre midfielder last night. He always seemed to have 10 yards of space no matter where he got the ball. Reminded me of Yaya Toure against us last season actually!

I think it was a half decent free kick, but Boruc gave him a BIG target!
Hammer

1st Oct 08 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He did, free kick aside though he dictated the entire game.
Marc

1st Oct 08 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roma
Barcelona
Panathinaikos

All losing and Chelsea at 0-0
Jodi_the_g

1st Oct 08 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-1 every time i get up and do something some fucker scores.

I missed every one.
Marc

1st Oct 08 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CFR CLUJ-Napoca 0-0 Chelsea

FPMSL
Russ

1st Oct 08 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Napoca are a hard team, to pronounce
Hammer

1st Oct 08 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sound like a slang name for a vagina.

'Here love, let's see your cluj'

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions Tuesday-Wednesday Thread Sponsored by No One as its the new in thing. 24 database queries in 0.0169342 seconds