corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring loom on a 1.6 16V Corsa Engine

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring loom on a 1.6 16V Corsa Engine
H17AYN

User status: Offline
   5th Oct 08 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a Corsa 1.4 Sport, but it had a 1.6 8v engine in it (believed to be a Nova 1.6 GSI lump?). Engine went bang, so bought a 1.6 16v Corsa GSI engine. After a few hours trying to suss out whether I needed all the looms, decided the loom that goes to the alternator, starter motor and battery didn;t require changing (hope I was right!), but that the loom to the ECU (as well as the ECU itself) and all the engine stuff did require changing. Have now got the engine in, but have a couple of 'stranded' connectors! At the ECU end, I have the 2 connectors that go to the ECU, another with a relay on it, a 9pin square that goes to the fuse box, and then another (3 pin square) that doesn;t have a home. at the engine end, there are 2 connectors I haven;t found a home for! Has anybody that has fitted a corsa 1.6 16V GSI engine help?

[Edited on 05-10-2008 by TrueMX]
H17AYN

5th Oct 08 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, and a bit more info... my concern is that one of the wires to the 'homeless' connector at the ECU end is Green/Black, which is the colour of one of the wires that looks like it goes to the injectors.
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Oct 08 at 01:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure without seeing them, can you get pics and I'll compare them to mine?
H17AYN

15th Oct 08 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry took so long, finnaly got pics.
H17AYN

15th Oct 08 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no the 2 coloured ones go to the ecu, the one in the middle goes to the fuse box but not sure where the one on the right hand side goes to?? any help appriciated....
James_H

15th Oct 08 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that little one on the right is not used on my car, just let it hang as such.
andyc1234

15th Oct 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there should be a plug in the footwell that they pop into. they might have been cut to fit the nova engine

New Poll