corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub stopped working, also reverse light working sometimes.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub stopped working, also reverse light working sometimes.
harrisp

User status: Offline
9th Oct 08 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sub and amp were working fine until today but now the power light isn't lighting up on the amp, the power cable is intact and I am getting a reading of just over 12 volts when the car isn't running.
It is earthed to the earth bolt on the nearside rear light.

Also when I put it in reverse sometimes the reverse lights work and sometimes they dont?
Ren

10th Oct 08 at 01:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked there's voltage running down the REM cable too? When I put my corsa system into my Audi, the amp protection light wouldn't even turn on. Then I found out the REM cable was attached to the wrong bit on the Audi system, meaning there was no power running down the Remote Cable. Once I fitted it correctly, the amp powered back up.

I don't know if that's any use to you, but make sure you check the REM cable too. Also, is there anything else you could earth the car to? I had a corsa C, so I'm unsure on the B's earth points - but mine was earthed to the bolt which held the backseats in place.
harrisp

10th Oct 08 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ren
Have you checked there's voltage running down the REM cable too? When I put my corsa system into my Audi, the amp protection light wouldn't even turn on. Then I found out the REM cable was attached to the wrong bit on the Audi system, meaning there was no power running down the Remote Cable. Once I fitted it correctly, the amp powered back up.

I don't know if that's any use to you, but make sure you check the REM cable too. Also, is there anything else you could earth the car to? I had a corsa C, so I'm unsure on the B's earth points - but mine was earthed to the bolt which held the backseats in place.

Il change the earth just to be sure, I thought the remote cable went to earth too?
its still connected at the back of the stereo though.
sampayne21

10th Oct 08 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its most likely to be the earth test it on other earth points if you can, then check if power is coming though the power lead and your remote lead by using something like a screwdriver circuit tester
Stokie Dave

10th Oct 08 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check fuses, all wiring (terminations especially) and re-earth it maybe. I've got mine earthed to a bolt which holds the rear split seats adjuster if that makes sense lol up towards passenger rear suspension turret anyway.)
C2RL R

10th Oct 08 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm assuming you have a multi meter there since you said about the voltage reading. can you not test it to make sure everything is ok?
harrisp

10th Oct 08 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks everyone, ive found the problem was because I have been lazy and not ran the remote lead under the carpet yet it had got caught in a seat adjuster and snapped the lead.

New Poll