corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Sports scientists

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sports scientists
Jodi_the_g

User status: Offline
11th Oct 08 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"We've got sports scientists who insist it's important for the lads to eat after games to refuel, even if it's 2am. I used to refuel after games at West Ham until half past three in the morning in a different way - but then I'm old school."

Harry Redknapp
Carl

11th Oct 08 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sports and science are two different things, Steven Hawkins would do shit in the Olympics.
AdZ9

13th Oct 08 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn right, they need to recover and refuel, the amount of running some players do they would need to do that.

If i wake in the middle of the night i have a protein shake, especially if its around 3/4am. Keep the body from going into starvation mode
J da Silva

13th Oct 08 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done a bit on sports and nutrion in the past, I was always the one who would go home and try these methods and although I can never stomach a big meal after a hard game of football, it's one easy way to help the muscles you've just shredded, relax, because you are firing nutrients and energy back into them.
MarkM

13th Oct 08 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont know about anyone else but after playing football or even a gym session I am starving...

J da Silva

13th Oct 08 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to have a sit down first until the adrenaline goes.
Robbo

13th Oct 08 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just perma-hungry tbh
AdZ9

13th Oct 08 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As soon as i finish the gym i drive home (about 2mins) and then down my protein shake, go shower then lay down relax for 30min (i'm usually shaking on the verge of being sick) then i'll have my post work out meal of protein with some of my carbs. Not to many as i'm only on low carbs at the moment about 100g a day.

I currently train at 7.30pm so by the time i've lifted, got home and showered its about 8.30-45, then i eat my PWO meal at 9.15/30 and then go to bed around 10/10.30.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Sports scientists 24 database queries in 0.0118639 seconds