corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C CD30 CD Player Issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C CD30 CD Player Issue
Rich H

User status: Offline
15th Oct 08 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,

Right I know that CC|UK may be a better place to ask - but I've already been told to go to Vauxhall by everyone on there lol - so thought I'd just ask on here quickly to see if anybody has a different answer...

Basically within about a month of owning my 2005 C, I took the std. CD30 headunit out and replaced it with an aftermarket unit along with all the necessary Autoleads wires, this has been fine up until about 4 months ago when the steering controls stopped working - not the end of the world though, so I ignored it when the replacement ones I fitted didn't rectify the issue.

However, today I refitted the CD30 as I'm selling the car in std form - the headunit works fine, but will only show Display Safe on the MFD. On the older models apparently you used a security code, but with the newer ones like mine, they are apparently coded to the ECU and shouldn't show that error message!!!

So am a bit confused - anybody else had the same issue - either Display Safe on a CD30 that shouldn't show that, or the steering controls stopped working?

Cheers
Scotty C

15th Oct 08 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have A 2005 C...

Turn the ignition on, turn the radio/cd player off, hold the 'AT' button on, then turn the cd player back on *whilst still holding the 'AT' button on*, then you will hear a beep (after about 3 seconds) then it'll ask for a code. Just ring vauxhall for it - £30 charge though

[Edited on 15-10-2008 by Monster]
Scotty C

15th Oct 08 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked on mine, it's the AS button sorry
Rich H

16th Oct 08 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine doesn't seem to do owt when I press AS?! Thinking I may have to go to Vaux after all
Scotty C

16th Oct 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you sure you're doing it right?
Rich H

16th Oct 08 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Monster
Are you sure you're doing it right?

As far as I can tell, yeh, followed a thread on CC|UK lol.

Thing is everything I search on there says the CD30 shouldn't do that and is coded to the ECU, so therefore should just work when plugged in to the car!!
Scotty C

16th Oct 08 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, the reason I know all this is because I've just unlocked my bosses CD player on his 2005 C. Did exactly what I said previous (as it says in the book) and it worked

New Poll