corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How to break £40,000 in a few easy steps

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to break £40,000 in a few easy steps
Ben G

User status: Offline
17th Oct 08 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

damn, 40k on a bike!

i'm sure he has enough money to fix it if he spends that much on a bike.
jimmy 2.1

17th Oct 08 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
40k on a bike is the funniest bit

It is pretty much a MotoGp bike on the road, but without the datalogging etc. How much could an F1 car be bought for?

I don't think this is the first one to be binned on a track day either? I read in last month's (or the month before) T.W.O mag that someone had done the same thing, unless it is the same person. Plus i don't think insurance will pay out from a trackday crash, so it'll be coming out his pocket at a guess

alli Ronald

17th Oct 08 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doh! what a waste.

my wee mate just dropped his ninja on sunday, 25mph, debris, lost the front, ditched the bike into a river.....

Shame to write it off at such a low speed, still, these things happen.
alan-g-w

17th Oct 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Not actually on sale yet, where-as the Ducati has been out for over a year already.

As for people saying £40k on a bike.

Errrr but spending £1+ million on a McLaren F1 or Bugatti is fine. PRESPECTIVE PEOPLE What about £250,000 on a Ferrari F40, made in the 80's. Thats just a shell, carbon, big engine???

200bhp on a bike weighing 160-170kg odd, well, errr good byeeeee 95% of road cars made, EVER!! Carbon brakes, top components.

Basically a 990cc motoGP bike de-tuned for the road (Ex MotoGP were making around 240-250bhp).

MV Tamborini costs around £70k, and thats just a fancy looking MV Augusta, it wouldn't touch the RR Ducati.

If you compare the 'average' price of a 'hyper' bike (GSXR, ducatis, R1 - can tell I'm an expert ) to the 'average' price of a hyper car (zonda, enzo, etc.) the price is just scaled up is it not?

About 10-15k(?) for the 'best average road bike' and 250-350k for the 'best' road car.

Basically what I'm trying to say is this bike is the bugatti veyron of bikes, so demands the much higher than usual price tag.

Cue the corrections, possible piss taking and general 'you're a n00b' comments

[Edited on 17-10-2008 by alan-g-w]
Mobby

17th Oct 08 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

idiot for letting his mate onit tbh
Mobby

17th Oct 08 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ianofbhills
£40,000 for an almost exact replica of the moto Gp bikes used only a couple of years ago. Cheap if you ask me

How much does a road going f1 car cost to buy... oh thats right you cant get one.

we were talking about this the other day, the speed and acceleration you can get from a bike is silly compared to the amount you would have to spend on a car
SportBoy

17th Oct 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant compare an f1 car to a motogp bike liek you cant compare a 40k bike to a veyron ... but if we are id sooner spend abit more and have a stunt plane as a toy

[Edited on 17-10-2008 by SportyBoy]
Daimo B

17th Oct 08 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No idiot comments needed, its a discussion, not an argument.

As you say, average price of a brand new sports bike ranges from £6000-£25,000, it really depends on the bike. BMW's, Ducatis etc your looking at £20k region for a top sports bike. Jap machinery is morelike £10k.

Best road cars are above the £300k region, Kionsineggs, Paganis etc..

As said, this is the F1 of cars, for the road, but on a bike, the Capero is the closest thing you could compare it too, but its not out yet. At the moment, I guess the next closest thing would be a Porkie GT as that uses a de-tuned spec V12 engine. But in reality, it would get pissed on by the RR
Mobby

17th Oct 08 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

As you say, average price of a brand new sports bike ranges from £6000-£25,000, it really depends on the bike. BMW's, Ducatis etc your looking at £20k region for a top sports bike. Jap machinery is morelike £10k.

As said, this is the F1 of cars, for the road, but on a bike, the Capero is the closest thing you could compare it too, but its not out yet. At the moment, I guess the next closest thing would be a Porkie GT as that uses a de-tuned spec V12 engine. But in reality, it would get pissed on by the RR

you have to agree though, if the guy was a novice, i feel you know the bloke??? im not arguing either.
deano87

17th Oct 08 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stan_the_man
£40,000 for a bike?

Am i missing something?

My thoughts exactly
Daimo B

17th Oct 08 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope, this was in the US I think.

If i had a £40k bike, no matter HOW rich I was, I would not let a novice out on it.

How my old man trusts me on his bikes, im still not sure
alan-g-w

17th Oct 08 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I thought the caparo was out tbh. Must still researching how to keep the floor in place and stop it from bursting into flames!

I think you know what I mean, even if it was a bit off the mark with prices/explanations.

And I understand the fact that, on the road, any half-decent bike will obliterate a car.

But did 5th gear not get a type-R to race a honda bike on track and the car won? Even though it doesn't really count, seeing as it is 5th gear.
Mobby

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

If i had a £40k bike, no matter HOW rich I was, I would not let a novice out on it.

thats what i mean... it was very stupid of him, and he doesn't get alot of sympathy from me

[Edited on 17-10-2008 by mobby]
SportBoy

dont think its that bad tbh .. even cars at 250k, yes its alot of money but only people without that money will moan about it .. the price also makes them more exclusive

[Edited on 17-10-2008 by SportyBoy]
Daimo B

17th Oct 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, btw Jimmy, i think its data logged too.

Info.

http://www.ducati.com/en/bikes/my2007/FamilyPage.jhtml?family=DesmosediciRR
mattk

17th Oct 08 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet the insurance wont even hear about it, be some rich bloke who has paid 40k and let his mate on it

Im sure it will all be fine and repaired
Nick-S

17th Oct 08 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
At the moment, I guess the next closest thing would be a Porkie GT as that uses a de-tuned spec V12 engine.

do you mean porsche carrera gt? if so its a v10 not a v12, and also de-tuned in relation to what?
Tom

17th Oct 08 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mobby
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

thats what i mean... it was very stupid of him, and he doesn't get alot of sympathy from me

[Edited on 17-10-2008 by mobby]

Agreed
SR91

17th Oct 08 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa

Wonder if they are still mates, hope he had insurance, as not many Desmosedici being made (is that correct?)

Insurance would only cover road use by the rider, surely?
Mobby

17th Oct 08 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.125ccsportsbikes.com/forums//index.php?showtopic=58836&st=0&gopid=859205&#entry859205
Kurt

17th Oct 08 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a couple of ducati's sat in our showroom at the minute:

http://www.mangoletsi.com/alfa/news/mangoletsi-and-ducati-manchester-share-a-passion.html
Adam_B

17th Oct 08 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
At the moment, I guess the next closest thing would be a Porkie GT as that uses a de-tuned spec V12 engine.

do you mean porsche carrera gt? if so its a v10 not a v12, and also de-tuned in relation to what?

Enzo would be closer really. Engine wise at least.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How to break £40,000 in a few easy steps 23 database queries in 0.0151689 seconds