corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exhaust problem Please Help *Pictures included*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exhaust problem Please Help *Pictures included*
olliejones8

User status: Offline
   6th Nov 08 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, i have a slight problem with a back box. The guy before me has welded a smaller exhaust tube inside the normal tube meaning i cannot slide the backbox onto my middle section. (hopefully the pictures will help explain.

Does anyone have any ideas how i can get this inner tube out (im pretty sure it has been welded in)

Cheers Ollie

Ellis

6th Nov 08 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see an inner pipe, but the way I would do is to get a pipe of I/D the same as the O/D of that exhaust in question and make a wee sleeve
olliejones8

6th Nov 08 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello Ellis, If you look at the second picture you can see a slight edge. I will try and put a circle round it.

Wheres the best place to get exhaust pipe from???
Ellis

6th Nov 08 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok - I'm kinda seeing it now, I would still get a sleeve for it...

Have a rake in a skip at Kwik-Fit at night or something, or a local garage - that's where I get little fiddly bits
olliejones8

6th Nov 08 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not a bad shout matey, Im abit of a noob, what would i hold the sleeve on with?
Ellis

6th Nov 08 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get jointing paste and exhaust clamps of the correct diameter, that should make a good seal

I would grind that rough bit off the end before you do anything too
olliejones8

6th Nov 08 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i will give that a go, Im going to go look in skips after football training tonight,lol

New Poll