corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mark Hughes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mark Hughes
nik

User status: Offline
11th Nov 08 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The end is nigh? Received the dreaded vote of confidence. I think City are under performing BUT I rate Hughes (and thats coming from a Burnley fan) so I think he should be given until the summer at least to turn things around. I think he'll be sacked before Christmas for sure, opinions?
Hammer

11th Nov 08 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I rate him as well, unfortunately big spenders want big names that have been there done that and Man City will be the biggest spenders of the lot.
MatthewR

11th Nov 08 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which leaves the question of who will replace him which is more intruging IMO
Hammer

11th Nov 08 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Papers mentioned Marcello Lippi the other day.

They could always go for Schteve McLarry
Cosmo

11th Nov 08 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One gossip column said they want Maureen for £15m a year
Nath

11th Nov 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He'll get til March I reckon. They'll give him more cash in January, and see how it goes for a bit.
J da Silva

11th Nov 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mourinho to be prized away from Inter, I'm sure Mourinho would sooner be back in the Premier League, and money talks too. Although I think Hughes is very good, the problem he has is he inheritted alot of rubbish when he took over and as we all know in football, you can't just go out and buy 20 players on deadline day, they have a decent midfield and 2 good frontmen, Micah Richards is capable and Zabaleta still needs to learn alot but he isn't the Argentinean right back for nothing, but who will get brought in?
Jules

11th Nov 08 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jose wouldn't go (yet) as it'd make him out to be a money grabber rather than a professional manager trying to prove himself
J da Silva

11th Nov 08 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So he wouldn't do such a thing like leave his favourite Portuguese team for say a team owned by a multi billionaire throwing the cash at him? A team like Chelsea infact.
nik

11th Nov 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
He'll get til March I reckon. They'll give him more cash in January, and see how it goes for a bit.

I don't think the new owners will let him 'waste' their ready made cash TBH. Doesn't mean it's the right decision but I can see them axing him so they can get in a big name before the window opens.
Tom

11th Nov 08 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon hughes will start getting some results for city soon, they've been unlucky a few times and he deserves a decent shot imo.
Jodi_the_g

11th Nov 08 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:

I don't think the new owners will let him 'waste' their ready made cash TBH. Doesn't mean it's the right decision but I can see them axing him so they can get in a big name before the window opens.

I agree although I like to see him do well.
MatthewR

11th Nov 08 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
So he wouldn't do such a thing like leave his favourite Portuguese team for say a team owned by a multi billionaire throwing the cash at him? A team like Chelsea infact.

both the portugese league & C.L had finished for that season though

Nath

11th Nov 08 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nik
quote:

They've already said he's got cash in Jan. So if he doesn't spend it well what happens? Give him more in the Summer and hope he gets it right? He'll be gone if he spends poorly IMO.
Jules

11th Nov 08 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

SILENCE!!
Maybe he left as he thought he could take Chelsea to places he'd never be able to take Porto?

Anywayz.......Thiago Silva.....any good?
Inter have apparently signed him on a 5 year deal
J da Silva

12th Nov 08 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MatthewR
quote:

both the portugese league & C.L had finished for that season though

I know that, but I never specified when the move would take place.
J da Silva

12th Nov 08 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules
quote:

SILENCE!!
Maybe he left as he thought he could take Chelsea to places he'd never be able to take Porto?

Anywayz.......Thiago Silva.....any good?
Inter have apparently signed him on a 5 year deal

High Horse! Off before I shoot it, your not talking to a teenage corsa chump now little boy.
Yes, he's ace, spells the end of Figo, Jiminez then?

[Edited on 12-11-2008 by J da Silva]
Jules

12th Nov 08 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was lead to believe he was a cebtre back?
Would probably mean the exit of Burdisso I'd of thought, Materazzi is prone to the odd booking or two so spends a lot of the season in the stands, Samuel is class but injury prone which only really leaves Cordoba (who's fucking ACE) and Chivu as you're mainstays - good signing for Inter then if it's true - as long as party boy Adriano leaves him well alone socially!!
Marc

12th Nov 08 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

City are very much like Newcastle, both have had good players and good results but never capitalised. City can do now though with the money they have but it will take time.

Ericsson was sacked after a successful season (For City) so unless Mark Hughes produces something pretty special and soonish he may very well go in the same way.

These owners are in it purely for the glory and not building the team in to something successful, although they'll have you believe they are.
J da Silva

12th Nov 08 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules he plays either centre back, defensive midfield or attacking midfield, this is why he is good signing for you, do you think they might loan him out for a while first?
Jules

13th Nov 08 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Jules he plays either centre back, defensive midfield or attacking midfield, this is why he is good signing for you, do you think they might loan him out for a while first?

I reckon they might - only if they don't plan on using him as a CB as we have good cover in the other positions he plays where as CB is a bit of a problem currently
J da Silva

13th Nov 08 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another way of looking at it would be Mourinho has inheritted the team, therefore he may not want certain defenders that Mancini did, he is good though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Mark Hughes 24 database queries in 0.0136161 seconds