corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Radio&Sub

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Radio&Sub
Chris x

User status: Offline
21st Nov 08 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hlo guys,

Going to fit my sub, PS2 and DVD/RADIO player to my sport tomorrow. They where orignally fitted to my old 1.2 8v.

My sport has the standard Radio in. My 1.2 also had a standard radio and i remember ripping that out, was a right mess.

Does anyone no how to remove the Radio properly? Want to do a good job of it lol!

Also, I have 2x 1000w 12"sub and a 1000w amp. When I had it in the 1.2 the lights use to dim when the sub kicked in. Would anyone recomend using a capacitor to stop this as the old man said the serges would fuck the ECU e.t.c in the car?!

Also going to fit my PS2. I have a inverter and wires/relay but how do I wire it in?

Finally what wire to you cut/join to keep the centre console(date) on rather than just a blank screen when the radio is turned on. I cut the wire in the 1.2 but cant remember which one.

All help/pictures would be great!

Thankyou

Chris
gavin18787
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Nov 08 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To get the origional stereo out. Take out the four allen key bolts. Then use release keys to remove the headunit or a wire coat hanger can also be wiggled into all of the holes simualtaniously to realase the unit. Then simply pull it out and disconnect the wiring loom and arial.

Then you will also need to remove the cage. Undo the bolt at the back with a socket and extension bar and squash the cage in a little and pull it out

In the orgional vauxhall ISO block of wires there is a section at the top that isnt used on the after market ones. In this section there is a grey wire with a red stripe. This is the one you cut to get the date up

Drives supercharged Tec with torque

New Poll