corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Pipercross Viper KIT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pipercross Viper KIT
Corsa Sport#1

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 08 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About to buy this induction kit when i glanced at the price and i was wondering would it be worth it? I already have a cone filter on the car along side the standard cold air feed but im looking for more performance....

Would this kit be worth the money or is there a better option, and if i was to purchase the iteam were would i place the cold air feed so that it is not sucking on water from puddles?
Pete_vxl

2nd Dec 08 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt, ive got a bmc and bought it for £80 second hand and still even then i must have been off my rocker. most induction kits will give you noise, where as the viper prob gives you 1-1.5bhp. you can squeeze a cold air feed to behind the grill but i have mine pointing towards the wheel as cold air comes behind the bumper. i have acouple of engine shots in my garage if you want a look see.

[Edited on 02-12-2008 by Pete_vxl]
Corsa Sport#1

2nd Dec 08 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea please m8 pics would be nice
Pete_vxl

2nd Dec 08 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

click the icon that says garage
Corsa Sport#1

2nd Dec 08 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cars Lookin well....... any noticable performance gain?
Pete_vxl

2nd Dec 08 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but thats mainly due to the £££ i spent on the engine, the induction only really gives a deeper noise, between putting an induction kit and my drilled airbox there is no real performance gain.
chris_gilly

3rd Dec 08 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally would forget about induction kits! get yourself a filter element and simply drill the side of the airbox nearest to the wing and pop of the bottom! and you'll get a very nice noise indeed!
20valver
Banned

4th Dec 08 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa Sport#1
About to buy this induction kit when i glanced at the price and i was wondering would it be worth it? I already have a cone filter on the car along side the standard cold air feed but im looking for more performance....

Would this kit be worth the money or is there a better option, and if i was to purchase the iteam were would i place the cold air feed so that it is not sucking on water from puddles?

you could try a enclosed induction kit with a pressure feed from any where behind the front grill but this needs to be as straight as possible to get maximum effect and heat shielded as well and cone filter looses power

New Poll