corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Shoddy workmanship

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shoddy workmanship
liamC

User status: Offline
6th Dec 08 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just went to my mates new place to have a look at it.

Anyone in the building trade in England would probably laugh their socks off at seeing any of this villa.

Basically because there is a shortage of housing here, locals are converting massive family villas into seperate apartments to make cash.

The lack of common sense when building is beyond belief... and the workmanship is so shoddy it's just laughable...

This is a brand new villa and off the top of my head, these are just some of the problems...

Small bathroom: The sink is so big you have to approach sideways to squeeze past it to get to the toilet!
Kitchen: One plug socket in the whole kitchen, located BEHIND the door
Kitchen: Light switch located at the other side of the kitchen right in the middle of the wall!!
Kitchen: One hole in the ground to put the tube in for the washing machine... about a quarter of a metre away from the wall!
Kitchen: Haven't bothered to cement the wall back together where the window has gone in so you can see outside!!!
Kitchen AC Unit: Wire and Plug hanging down to plug in... except the plug is at the other side of the kitchen... (behind the door!)
Apartment walls: Not straight... although 90 degree vertically is fine, horizontally, they go off on an angle not following the lines of the tiles!!
Sitting room: Light switch located right in the middle of the wall, just like the kitchen!
Bathroom: The bath is possible the smallest bath ever made!!

...and as I left the villa through the front door, as I shut the door behind me, the handle fell off!

Pretty much summed the whole place up
Cosmo

6th Dec 08 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So they have Polish workers over there too
liamC

6th Dec 08 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indians/Pakistanis/Bangladeshis mate!

Poles would piss all over them workmanship/common sense wise!!

We had a browse of the apartments downstairs while they were empty as well...

In the 2 bedroomed apartment downstairs the bathroom was bigger than the kitchen, and the toilet was about 3 metres away from the sink! Again, with the tiniest bath in the world which just looked ridiculous!

And the best thing about the 2 bedrooms....they were right next to each other, but it was built to just be one big room, which they have put a wall in the middle of it, to make it 2 bedrooms.... but they have built the wall right to the middle of the window... so half of the window is in one room, and the other half is in the other! So if one person in one room opens the window, it also means the other half is open in the other room!!!
Gregor

6th Dec 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds bloody horrific !

What is it you are doing over there ?
liamC

7th Dec 08 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gregor
Sounds bloody horrific !

What is it you are doing over there ?