corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Mk3 Golf Gti 16v Anni..

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mk3 Golf Gti 16v Anni..
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
7th Dec 08 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right ive only had this for about a month but in that time it has been faultless.It is a much regretable sale but the temptation of a VR has gotten the better of me and ive seen 1 i would like so the Anni has to go.I am going to make it clear tho that if the VR i have my eye on sells before mine,i will be happily keeping it.

Now the car.
Its a 1996 20th Anniversarry on a "P" plate in Red.Its the much rarer 16v model and iirc out of the 750 made for the UK market,it is 1 of 150.
It has Tax and MOT till April next year.Will sail throught an MOT tho.Drives faultless.
The mileage on the engine is 124k,so average for a 12 yr old car.Mileage on a well looked after VW is not an issue.
I have a folder full of reciepts and some old MOTs and FVWSH up to 107k.
The previous owner worked in the car trade and assures me the rear axle bushes were all replaced recently.The car is very clean for its age and 1 of the best out theyr imo.

Engine and gearbox......
Engine is the 2.0 16v ABF.Runs spot on,dosnt use a drop of oil or water.Ticks over at 800rpm.Goes like it should and pulls well.Gearbox and clutch are perfect no crunching in any gears,engages them fine like it should.No clutch slip.
As standard it has 150bhp and to my amazement,it returns superb MPG for a heavy car.On a recent run i seen over 42mpg on the motorway and around town stopping and starting its doing 28mpg.Thats with mixed driving.

Interior........
Inside is an unmarked,immaculate,unique 20th Anni interior.Seats are the grey and red chequed pattern with "Gti" printed on the certain squares.The leather steering wheel and gear gator have the red stitching and the handbrake has the red push button.Seat belts are also red.Speedo dials are silver with red needles.All original to the Anni.Also like the Gti it has the on board computer(MFA) and it works perfect.Weirdly as well,its a non-sunroof model.
Everything inside is electric and works.

Exterior......
Outside has the full Gti bodykit with the smoked front indicators/foglights and side-repeaters.
Red spinstripe around the rear bumper.Could do with having the rear done to match.
The wheels are the original 16" BBS RXIIs,all with superb tread on the tyres.3 of them are only a few months old.
Brakes are all standard and working perfect.Calipers are red,like they were from factory.

Modifications......
Since i have owned the car i have added some tastefull to make it my own and to improve the driveability of the car.
The suspension has been changed for a full Bilstein Street Kit which not only lowers the car about -50mm,it has a better stance and makes the car more stable.Dosnt have the boat like handling now.
The headlights have been split and the insides have been smoked to match the other smoked lights.Due to the way it has been done,the lights still shine bright like they should.
The rear lights have been changed for some m3 style clear/red units.The top part looks a tad smoked however.
And when i got the car,1 of the previous owners painted the calipers silver,so i done them back in theyr original red.
The above mods have totally transformed the car for the better.
It is washed regularly and the i have kept on top of the black plastic trim.Out of all the cars ive owned,id say this 1 has had the best treatment cleaning wise.

Security wise it has been fitted with an aftermarket immobiliser and has the standard VW alarm.

Now for the bad bits....
The tailgate has a small bubble of paint above the look and when i say small,i mean small.Common problem on a 12 yr old Mk3.Not as bad as most.
The side trim could do with being stuck on better as a couple of the edges are coming away.Clips are all fine and theyr stuck on tight.
Few tiny bits of paint where they have been touched up on the door edges.
The engine has a slight squeel,dont know if its an aux belt needing tightened or replaced.Or even just greased up.Dosnt affect the car or the way it drives and has never bothered me or put me off.
As standard the Gti came with sideskirts/sill covers.For some reason mines dosnt have them.However i have a set on standby that i will be fitting before the sale if they are good condition.

All of the above bits are very minor and im being as honest as i can and will answer any questions u have to ask.It also saves potential buyers from turning up and offering £300 less than the asking price for things that could be sorted in a day for next to nothing.

The price.....
I am asking for £1850.IMO thats a steal of a price and if i wasnt after a quick sale i would be asking for more and waiting for the right buyer.Ive seen alot worse models going for more and even the more common 2.0 8v models are going for alot more.Due to the condition and rareity of mine it has to be 1 of the cheapest Mk3 16v Anniversarys out theyr.

Now for some pics......

Now i am making it very clear,dont make a stupid offer and dont waste my time with messages asking questions about the car that are clear in the ad.I dont mind questions about things that havnt been stated.I am only selling it to get 1 other car i have taking a likeing to,and if that sells,mines gets kept.

Nik.

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Mk3 Golf Gti 16v Anni.. 25 database queries in 0.0076289 seconds