corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » knocking noise (possibly gearbox related - saxo)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author knocking noise (possibly gearbox related - saxo)
FruitBooTeR

User status: Offline
7th Dec 08 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok saxperience is a load of bollocks and nobody replies if you havent got over 1 million posts lol grrr.

Anyway -

Got a weird problem and I dont know what it is..

Basicly when I pull of in 1st I get a knocking noise coming from the front of the car. It sounds like when an outer cv goes and its like a knocking/clicking..

But it does it when pulling off in a straight line..and it does it in both 1st and 2nd gear..but when i change to 3rd and have built up some speed it stops!

I was told it could be 1st and 2nd gear syncro's.

But now...

Ive had a look under the car and checked play in gearbox mount and thats fine.

Cant really check shafts but now ive found out this which leads me to believe its deffo not shafts / cv's -

.The noise happens when car is ideling also.

.The noise is loudest under where the Gbox is.

.The noise completly goes when you press the clutch down.

I have took a video on phone of what it sounds like..

Was told it could be Release Bearing? but I would like to have a good idea first before I start paying for repairs.

Any help appreciated guys cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdQ8iSfEA_M

Oh and btw I miss vauxhall build quality
Ellis

7th Dec 08 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah from some of the symptoms is sounds like an uber fucked release bearing, but then others make it not so clear :?
Combo

7th Dec 08 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Ok saxperience is a load of bollocks and nobody replies if you havent got over 1 million posts lol grrr.

Three words for you: Saxo Sports Club.

Get yourself on there. I own a 52plate VTR and have been registered for 6yrs, far superior club, full of knowledgable people, just refrain from any text speak as its frowned upon.

Post in the technical issues section and someone will help you.

To me it sounds like the release bearing has gone in the gear box.
If so its box out and a new one pressed in.

Oh and as for build quality - I have had mine 6yrs from new and its only needed a backbox and clutch since, its how you look after them that counts.

New Poll